Looking for free hosting with no ads or banners

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by kSushi, Aug 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kSushi Registered Senior Member

Do such exist? I curently have webspace my university gave me, but as soon as I graduate, they'll remove it :bugeye: (pretty soon)

Can someone please suggest something?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

whats wrong with banners and ads. Unless you have a really popular site?? Anyways it's pretty cheep for hosting. i found (don't rember how big) one for about 30$ a year. or somthing like that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kSushi Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

30$ is relatively a lot. I heard there are some hostings for $7 a year. Well it depends what services they provide. I don't need PHP, MySQL and stuff like that, just load os pictures. and I don't feel comfortable giving away my credit card number to some company I hear for a first or second time of.
    Oh, and bunners suck. I want my own desigh (well not very engenious, but mine

)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kula (Memes enclosed) within Registered Senior Member

We offer free web space with no adverts for non commercial art projects, all our pages are designed by the artists and you can have pretty much anything you want, have a look and if you are interested drop me a line.

www.mtvdance.com

kula

8. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

9. kSushi Registered Senior Member

Wow!

and the domain name is nice. Though it offers only 50Meg (same as my university)

Kula, how much space can you provide? And do I have to be an artist? My webpage desigh is pretty simple: menu on the left, my pic in the middle and news aka "diary" on the right. Also, for how long are you planning to keep your site on, and what are the other conditions?

10. kula (Memes enclosed) within Registered Senior Member

We dont specify an upper limit on space ! If its your design then you are an artist ! The site is for independent thinkers to utilise a site that gets hits worldwide for the benefit of the people that create it. We plan to keep the site going for as long as there is interest in it, we also use it for our own art, music, theories, experiments etc and hope everyone else can do the same. There are no conditions, other than if something was illegal, we'd have to take it off. Everyone is free to 'evolve' their own page/pages as they see fit.

best wishes

kula

11. kSushi Registered Senior Member

I tried web1000, but when a user enters page that doesn't exist, web1000 redirects you to a page of its interest. In my case that was some erotic contens, and this is not what I want visitors to my site experience %)
    Kula,
    Can I use your hosting?

Does anybody esle know any free hosting?

12. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

13. kula (Memes enclosed) within Registered Senior Member

Absolutely ! ive sent you a PM.

kula

14. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

I'm not sure about his, but maybe you can search www.thefreesite.com (hypens possible...) for those web-hosting. Beware though, a lot of them are families...

15. caffeine_fubar Dark Dementia is my name... Registered Senior Member

7 bucks a year, a lot??? lol... why not pay 14 bucks a month? I can find that much on the ground in a month...

Try http://globat.com - they have good hosting plans (to me)...

I have the ECommerce Pro package... costed about 300 bucks to start, but now i can make 4 webpages and all i have to pay is 24 bucks a month.

16. kSushi Registered Senior Member

Curiosity
    Thanks

the site's very cool

Kula,
    thanks! I'm away from my home PC, and once I get there I'll write you.

caffeine_fubar ,
    Do you use this page for personal purposes or do you sell anything? I just want to publish my photos, which occupy over 60 Meg. And why pay if I can get it for free?

Most importantly is that I don't want to display credit card #, cuz I've heard many different stories how these nubers get stolen afterwards.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2004
  17. caffeine_fubar Dark Dementia is my name... Registered Senior Member

Yeh i can have 4 websites registered... my moms site (just made) is http://evephotos.com - hosted by globat... all personal preference

18. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I don't keep more than some 20$ on my internet card. If I ever need to buy something more costly I just transfer money to my card account from my other account in the bank through inet. Or just run downstairs (live in the same building) and deposit it.

19. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Hmmm, Sushi, do you only want to publish your photos or do you also want to have like, photo album with words? If you don't need text, Photobucket.com is quite a choice, since I haven't had any problem with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.