two great free games

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by rGEMINI, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

Alleigence (c++ open source FUN GAME) (sry windows only)
    Is a online game where it's like a mix between a 1st/3rd person space ship game and a 3d wc3 game. it's fun because you have to protect your bases and miners. You can go as a turret on other ships. And best of all it's free
    http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Continuum (fun) (sry windows only)
    this is a free online game that's like the EV series (birds eyes view spaceship game) that has kewl online modes. It's very fun

Lately when i go onto these games i dont' see much people playing the so i though this might increase there population. ^^ pls atleast try them... only if you have a windows boot thou =P sry

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Ah, thanks for pointing free games out, Gem

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But do you happen to know a good free RPG game? I don't really like strategies....

I'm also looking for some in the Underdogs, but haven't really found anything good... or at least appealing

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member

The game looks good, but for me I don't like the idea of forced teamwork, so Im not sure I'll even try it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I'll be giving Allegiance ago eventually, currently I'm trying to get a Servermode up on one of my PC's to check it out on LAN.

Okay I admit, I intend to work it out before joining as a Noob "then I'll have fly skillz" lol

Btw, "pwned" has it's meaning revealed on www.pwned.net Okay it's unrelated, but worth checking out non the less.

8. antisipatience waiting for something Registered Senior Member

if u want a free RPG try out Ryzom

9. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

10. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

The mpogd is full of online games... still the runescape is also one.. though the control is quite tedious.... Plus, when I have a window playing RuneScape (in FireFox), my keyboard suddenly screws up.....

11. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

=_ maybe it's FireFox. You could try just using IE for runescape. Unless your over it.

12. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

That's what i try now. FireFox for browsing and IE for RuneScape. Good so far.
    I end up spending the time increasing my non-battle skill there tho

13. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

14. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

if you want something free with better graphics then check out www.muonline.com (it is like Diablo despite its name

)

15. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

MU? Well, I've tried that, but it gets too old too soon.... too bad. This RuneScape is getting as old, though the variety things to do does make this game better than MU, despite its rather-annoying control.
    Oh, and about free games too, I also play GunBound, but it's already ancient..... sad...
    On a side note, I've given up searching the underdogs..... darn..... can't find free games with good interface.

16. DeSeRt RaT UK Registered Senior Member

For anyone who remembers the classic 'Beneath a Steel Sky' try:

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

Scroll down to the bottom.

Revolution has made it legal to download it (the link coming off their very own site) as they no longer sell it for amiga or PC.

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I've been checking out Allegiance, not a bad Multiplayer game although the RTS aspect is difficult if you don't know the Technology trees. Theres alot to it other than Gunning people down in space craft.

Human players are obviously more fun that robot ones that occur in other games, purely because they don't have a preprogram path or pattern, so the games can go every which way.

I'm still waiting to see if the other people play actually develop a bit more teamwork though, otherwise it's Anarchy.

18. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

... most the times i have played the leader give us objectives and we perform them... =_

19. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

i got really addicted to Bomberman, so i don't recommend it

20. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

*sigh* bomerman was such a great game

21. Ste_harris Net Ninja Registered Senior Member

ah bomberman, many a fruitless hour i did while away playing my brothers at that back in the early 90's, i can still remember chanting zero-boy at whoever hadn't scored yet...
    /flashback

Some good games there, dont have loads of time to play for long at the minute (havent played Doom 3 yet

)

Has anyone given
    http://kingdomofloathing.com/login.php a go? It not at all serious, just mindless humour, well worth wasting a couple of hours a week on (mainly when you're meant to be working)

22. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

btw, can anyone provide a good link to a good old fashion Bomberman?
    i played one online, it was free for 5 times, then you had to pay so i stopped. Then i downloaded a free version called Bomberdix, but it was nothing like the bomberman that i used to love. I want a bomberman were you put out bombs like you used to and not in some kind of forest, i want a bomberman were you fight other bombermen (is that the correct plural?) and not ghosts and pumpkins that are unable to drop their own bombs.

Please?!

23. rGEMINI Fallen Entity Registered Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.