no Shockwave for MoZilla?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by curioucity, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Hello

I'm using Firefox browser right now, an I have a problem: it somehow can't download Shockwave Player! Whoa, any way to counter this?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Well, I just forced my way using Download.com, and finally I get it. Though the problem is, while the Shockwave can be played, sometimes it's a whack. I remember opening a popup window a few hours ago, I mean a supposed pop up window and find that on the top of the popup window there's a warning for me to get Shockwave, but when I scroll down, the Shockwave pic is loaded.... whacko.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Yeah. That's one thing about Firefox I've noticed. When a new shockwave window is opened, it doesn't always look right. It's not centered in the window properly. So, if you're having problems viewing a particular file, just pop open IE. It's a pain, but what you can do? I still prefer Firefox for most things. It's rare that IE has to be broken out.

Strange how you are having problems with it saying you still need the plugin. I've never had that unless I didn't have the plugin at the time. You should be able to click the link provided when it shows that and download the plugin straight from mozilla or where ever it is it links to. I've never had a problem downloading plugins that way.

Weird how everyone has different experiences with this stuff. Just shows how much different hardware and yadda yadda affect performance.

8. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Well, kay, thanks for those info.
    A bit off the main problem, but on most cases, accessing a webpage with FireFox requires more time than doing the same with IE..... what's the problem here?

9. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Simply switch to Mozilla

10. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

The speed is probably down to the number of rulesets and outputs firefox can take from a webpage. Also you have to remember that firefox is an application build to run ontop of an OS, where IE originally started like that but Microsoft then intergrated with their OS, due to the intergration it of course will handle marginally faster.

11. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Mozilla has identical problems with Shockwave and flash that Firefox has. They are basically the same. Firefox is just better.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Heh. Ok. It's a judgement call, but I like adblock for firefox which Mozilla doesn't have. (Don't know why.) And I found a tab plugin as well so that I can move my tabs around and have more control of them. Not sure if that plugin is for mozilla as well, it might be.

12. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

I admit that FireFox is good, considering that I've rarely seen any popus lately, which is good

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Actually, before I heard about FireFox, I also use Expoot for anti-popup, but it is really anti-popup in essence that I cannot open a new popup window which may have been desired.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.