VB download

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by NightFall, Sep 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

Does anyone know where i can download a good version of VB? i have the smaller version of it, that comes along with Word, but im trying to find the full version. if you have any sites, id really appreciate it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

1) VB is crap. You should use something better.

2) This isn't a warez board. Go buy it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

sorry, didn't mean to offend.. or whatever it was i said to make you snap back at me as you did. just thought you could help. my mother wants me to make upa little prog for her..... VB is about all i know... i took a class in it, and i was just trying to find out if i could download the rest of it, or if i didn't understand its connection to Word. i really am quite computer illiterate. But anyway, thanx for the help you didn't give me.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Sorry if that seemed like a personal affront.

Piracy is an illegal activity. If my site aided in the distribution of warez, I would be legally responsible. I'm not condemning you for pirating -- it's just that this isn't the place for it.

8. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

many programs have upgrades online. ligit upgrades. does VB? like i siad before, i have the smaller version that comes with word. can you upgrade that? or is it really the full version i just dont know what im doing?

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

VB for Word and Excel are a little different than the stand alone VB program. VB for the Microsoft programs is called Visual Basic Application. As such they have some commands and procedures that are required to be followed that are not part of the VB stand alone.

10. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

thank for answering my question. so i cant upgrade that then?alright.. well, that also explains why i thought my code was so wrong...... somethings weren't SUPPOSED to work.. well, thanks again!

11. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I would recommend that you buy a book on VBA. They are very simular in feel and look and also in commands. Some are interchangeable and some are not. You do have more flexibility with the stand alone program.

12. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

im looking to make a program where i can add names. personal info.. and product orders... times they were ordered.. and someting that will know if the smame name has been entered twice.. and.. if possible.. can look up anything with keywords.... is there a simpler program i could use for this, or am i doomed to pages of loops? -s-

13. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

If you can write in vba, Excel can do everything you are asking for. Use the macro function for some short cuts and write the rest in. If I remember correctly you can call upto 9 different modules from one macro allowing you to break the code up into more managable segments.

Even better is that for a good portion of what you need you don't need to write any code. It is standard functions of spreadsheets that Excel is equipted to handle.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2001
  14. [f] Registered Senior Member

I sent you a PM and e-mail nightfall...let me know what you think.

If Visual Basic is anything like Visual Studio (I know its part of Visual Studio)...it has service packs.....just like NT4/5 does.

15. PCB Registered Member

You can get a free version at Microsoft's site. The thing is that you can't compile stand alone-executables with that one, but if you have access to a computer with the full version, you could always put your code on a disk and compile it there =)

16. pcd2k Registered Senior Member

to nightfall

which platform are you on ?

17. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

platform? thats a little over my head. youll have to tell me what one is, and its possible i may need multiple choice, or a few examples. -LOL- i came here beacuse you were smart... and i definately wasn't.

18. pcd2k Registered Senior Member

nightfall: what platorm

I mean do you use a Mac , Windows PC, Unix system or something else ?

19. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

whew! sorry it took me SO long to reply. ive been a little busy. i use windows 2000. thank you for your patients by the way.

20. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Welcome back, nightfall!

(it's shrike)

21. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

thanks! your the first person to notice my return!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.