The NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GPU

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by cosmictraveler, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

ual 400MHz RAMDACs / Integrated TV Encoder / Output Up To 2048 x 1536 Resolution / Support For AGP 8X / 128MB DDR3 Memory

# The NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GPU deliver the ultra-realistic effects you need, for unparalleled performance. Supercharge your gaming with advanced visual effects, with its revolutionary superscalar Architecture -- backed by the NVIDIA ForceWare software, for new Standards visual realism and quality. Immerse yourself in worlds where reality and fantasy meet, as the incredible graphics drench your senses. Rock-solid stability ensures you play your game the way it's meant to be played. Blazing-fast dual 400MHz RAMDACs supports dual QXGA displays with ultra-high 85Hz refresh rates -- at a Resolution of up to 2048 x 1536
    # The Integrated TV Encoder provides TV-out functionality for resolutions up to 1024x768
    # AGP 8x enables more complex models and detailed textures -- providing double the bandwidth, for smoother Video streaming
    # Dual single-link DVI support drives the largest and highest resolution flat-panel displays
    # Optimized support for OpenGL 1.5 and Microsoft DirectX 9.0, for superior performance and Application compatibility
    # Memory Bandwidth: 35.2 GB/sec.
    # Fill Rate: 6.4 billion texels/sec.
    # Vertices per Second: 600 Million
    # Memory Data Rate: 1100 MHz
    # Pixels per Clock(peak): 16
    # Textures per Pixel: 16(per single pass)

All for
    $299.88 , not to bad a deal, it even is better than the Raedon x800pro.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

But does it have "Pixel Shading"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Being poor (and presently unemployed) my Ti4200 will have to soldier on with no relief in sight.

But it still plays IL2 Forgotten Battles well enough, and that is my main priority.

If I get a job reasonably soon, I might start shopping for a Radeon 9800. Now that they are old tech, the prices are getting down to my range.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

I am waiting for the slower PCIe version, GF6600, and planing to get two to do a SLI configuration.

8. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

ill have to stick to my GF4600Ti

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.