I hate my PC......

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by curioucity, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Hello all

Maybe some of you still remembers that half a year ago I had a troublesome PC problem........ now I have a problem again..... darn that PC......

When I started the PC, it suddenly made a long beep, then silent, then beeeeeeeeeep, silent, beeeeeeep, interchangingly. What could be the problem? Also, it doesn't connect to the monitor at all...... Please help!
    Thanks a lot in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

that's a hardware problem
    I'm guessing that your video card has gone to better hunting grounds, but that's just a shamanic guess.
    you should check your motherboard manual. it has to have explanation to each beep sequence. different manufacturers have different signal codes, so I can't tell you what's exactly your case, because there is no one standart.
    maybe tell your motherboard model and brand

p.s. if you start to hate your pc, your pc will start to hate you //evil sneer

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

try to blow dust off your hardware (especially the video card) then replug it, try again. maybe that will work.
    has worked sometimes for me

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Okay, I'll try that...... I can't remember my hardwares btw, but the motherboard is an ASUS X series, small board..... okay, obviously that info wouldn't help much.... I was eve planing to de-instal and re-install my hardwares if things still get whacky....

ps: Feel free to be superstitious, but both my home PC and my current PC often go berserk when I operate them, no matter how well or how awful........

8. Kunax Sciforums:Reality not required Registered Senior Member

i have an Asus P4S333 it has very few beep codes since it uses a voice system instead. Anyway some time ago i got the same beep code (long beep, loong break) and after removing everything I finially had to look up the code in the manaul, its was ram error.

After trying severeal know to work ram blocks i came to the conlusion that my ram banks are dead, DAMN wierd if you ask me.

9. Upquark Registered Senior Member

usually those beeps indicate a RAM error, not a video card error. I was confused the first time too, even tried swapping out cards for an old one. After a little experimenting and checking of manuals I found out it was the RAM. I would suggest (don't ask me why it works) swapping your RAM around. Try running with just one stick or swap the places (usually you'll want the biggest stick furthest from your processor, but sometimes the Mobo just goes wacky and switching the places triggers it). If that doesn't work you may have to bite the bullet and buy more RAM.

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

wouldn't be it easier to just look up the code decoding in the manual before doing anything with the video card OR the RAM?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

it can be any error although from what Kunax said it well might be a RAM error.

p.s. I have a Shuttle board

11. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Gee.......... and to think I just got a new RAM and bought a VidCard (My RAM came with life-time warranty, which is why I got it, not bought) that half a year ago........... But by the way, among the few RAM slots my Motherboard has, I only have one RAM board instaled........... uh oh...

Thanks, I'll go wrecking it again.

12. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Phew, hey, Fellas, thanks to you, now I can getto XP login screen. I took out and reinstalled my RAM, and now it works, but now I have two problems....
    1) There's a problem with my Floppy drive, that is, when the beginning black screen is on, before XP screen apeas, my computer said that there's a Floppy Error (40), and the system hung. Why? I've disabled my Floppy using the BIOS Setup, now it can go....
    2) I darned forgot my login password! AAARRRGGHH!!! Can someone offer a help? Or at least there's a way to get my system back up wihout he Floppy?

Thanks. Many many thanks!

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

1. You don't need a floppy drive to reinstall your Windows (although if you do a clean install and your other than OS data is not on another partition - it will vanish.
    2. search for that info on google. I have never needed it, but some of my friends have bypassed their windows login passwords with the help of google. try typins smthing like: bypass windows password, crack windows password
    or smthing like that

14. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Oh, okay, thank you. I was actually thinking of placing my CD-ROM drive as primary master (which means whacking my hardware again) then put XP CD in it..... I don't have my CD drivers as primarys, which is probably why my computer won't read CD drivers first no matter what....

15. A4Ever Knows where his towel is Registered Senior Member

Can't you change the bootsequence in the bios? Saves you from changing any cables.

16. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

Hi

I decided to remove my current Windows setting with XP setup and finally, I can get my computer back online, though I lost my cookies, but well, that's much better. Thanks to all who have helped

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Still, now there's a new problem: My PC is struck with A LOT of worms.... even when my Antivirus detects and deletes em, they return the next session..... help..... I forgot the name, it's something like W32 Sd something and Korgo.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.