self-evolving programs

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Fallen Angel, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallen Angel life in every breath Registered Senior Member

anyone know of any scheme out there for self-evolving programs that use something similar to the dna coding scheme to randomly generate instructions and try to create programs that way? i'm not talking about genetic algorithms or the "tree method" (don't know the technical term for it), but something similar to how dna actually gets read, and a system as robust as dna that minimizes the effect of mutations and is robust enough for surviving a bad mutation.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alpha «Visitor» Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Thats one variant thats a bit old, Currently the same sort of technology is being applied by some Formula One Car firms to Evolve a more ergonomic engine.

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/car-tech-04a.html

There should be DNA Simulations already built, infact such Simulations are attempting to replicate animals and humans so that animal testing is no longer a necessity.

However the source to such programs is usually developed by Research Groups or Scholars that generate it as an overall project, the source code probably will not be released on the internet unless it becomes opensource or renouned like the ALICE/ELIZA chatbots.

I would suggest checking out University websites around the Globe, Notibly MIT, Cambridge and Oxford.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fallen Angel life in every breath Registered Senior Member

yeah alpha, i searched, but haven't found what i'm looking for. it is kinda sort of related to evolutionary computing, but more in the line of DNA simulation like stryder mentioned. yeah, they are hard to find, hence my post here

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. thanks for the responses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.