SciForums Court

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by hotsexyangelprincess, Jul 19, 2004.

?

Would you support the creation of a SciForums Court?

Poll closed Aug 2, 2004.
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

SciForums Court Creation

I figure that if we have any more heated arguments over the day to day events of SciForums, that we create a court of some kind, that would assemble whenever we had an important issue. The creation of this is subject to Porfiry's judgement, but i have also created a poll to see what the "public" thinks. :m:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Did you get this idea from the post that I made in the WellCookedFetus ban thread?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

no.actually i got it from when i mentioned a court in the WCF ban thread. i mentioned making a court, but no one listened. :m:

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

we would need a judge, lawyers (bleech), and an elected jury. :m:

8. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I like the idea.

Judge: Porf (or designee)
    3 for, 3 against, 1 neutral (pcked by judge)

People defending themselves may be the best way though.

I see this going the way of the 'Debate Forum' though... it's not really a discussion, just two sides arguing.

9. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

oh yeah, and Porf, can you create a thread where only the jury could post and read, like some sort of secret thingymajigger? :m:

10. anu Banned Banned

funny how you tards insist on perpetuating and this charade of civic participation with regards to the governance of this site.

what fanciful notions must one have to think the elite will subject themselves to the will of the people?

as it is, the entire system is setup so we, the ordinary members, cannibalize ourselves, much to the glee of the fucks that owe us their position

this much i know, we only have ourselves to blame. why is it so hard to remove those that abuse their position? is it because we in turn would then have to admit that our judgement was wrong?

*there is something very wrong about a guy having "hotsexyangelprincess" as a handle

*hey "hotsexyangelprincess", what do you look like? cute? what are you wearing?

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Wouldn't happen. Porf barely has time/patience/desire to moderate this forum as it is, why would he judge any proceedings that are presented to him. Even so, what effect would this court have on the overall forum?

And I too am slightly disturbed about the fact that he has a name like that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. anu Banned Banned

bah
    for all you know the grand poobah could have ample time on his hands. could it not be a myth that is been perpetuated here? ie; the busy college student? is it that much of a leap to imagine a lazy bum?

of course to be fair, the constant revisions and support of his gnutella app does indicate otherwise.
    so does the vbulletin update
    so does the new layout

shit

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

To say this is a good idea would be lying.

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Well it is a good idea. It just isn't feasible at the moment. Nor is it needed.

15. Zero Banned Banned

Wrong. You continue to forget that this place is a dictatorship under Porfiry, and rightfully so, since he's the one who works his ass off to keep this place running.

There is only one judge. Porfiry. There is no jury, and if there is one, it's merely the whim of Porfiry.

He's the one who will collect what data he needs, and make all the decisions.

I wonder why people appear to confuse this forum with a democracy. Reality check.

16. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Jury would be redundant or could be made up of the moderators. Only two parties forward both sides of the arguement along with a neutral party. Porf then evaluates the situation and then judges accordingly.

But I can't see this happening so this is merely a pipe-dream in the grid of fantasies

17. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Come on...we are not morons...it is easy to figure out if one is at fault or not for something.

Juries, neutral parties, court systems.....

Poeple come here to kill boredom, not carry out their Law & Order fantasies.

18. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I protest!

Law and Order has almost nothing to do with law and order...except when people die...the rest is just boring.

19. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

The point is there is no need for this gas bag of a system. The idiots make themselves more than apparent and those who get banned have it coming.

NO need to waste bandwidth on pointless debates...Open Government does that enough already.

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

(voted no)

Why take this so seriously: It's just a message board. Become an attorney or criminal, or both, if courts excite you.

21. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Obviously this is not the case. Just look at the dichotomy of views on what fetus did to me.

22. vslayer Registered Senior Member

23. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

there was one law and order episode where they kept finding fetuses in garbage cans. that was interesting. :m:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.