Discorporation - Can It Be A Reality?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by tmegeney, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmegeney Registered Senior Member

Alright here goes the theory. According to the doctrines of quantum mechanics we should in theory be able to pass through a solid object as all matter is made of moving particles. What prevents us? The electrial charge that everything generates based on the movement of those selfsame particles. If we were therefore able to realize that charge and apply the exact reverse, the charge would be neutralized and our body would discorporate and be not only able to pass through solid matter, but also able to reinvent its own shape based on our own conscious desires. Now, it may revert back to its original state as body shape image is ingrained within everyones minds, but for a time, it SHOULD be possible.

The charge of a human body would be tough to quantify as it would relate to air exchange, body events and even absorbtion of energy from the environment. With a large enough computer (perhaps a quantum computer) it should be possible to calculate. This theory should be easy to prove though using materials that are available to us today. Take a solid carbon rod, and refrigerate it as near to absolute zero as possible. Use a computer based system to determine its charge and apply the reverse chage using a magnectic field. Then attempt to pass a solid object through it. This should in theory work. The THEORY OF DISCORPORATION should work.
    Terry Megeney

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Welcome to Sciforums, tmegeney.

You pose an interesting one. Though not the main part of your theme I'll pick upon a side line of it. THe thought that prehaps the body and mind holds it's own image of itself. See the Matrix? It was covered some in that if you think back. What clothes the actor wore were to have been what the self thought it should look like. The height, weight, and look to go with it. Not necessarily what reality was, but what the mind thought it should be. And if you were to develop this into working practice, walked through one of these walls, would the same looking you come out the other side?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

Is it just coincidence that this exact event occurred in an episode of Batman Beyond. I pose this only because your name is similar to the name of the same character.

The idea is interesting in that we do not know what effect this process might have on the target of the charge.

This also had me thinking about the transporter device of Star Trek fame. Would the person, having been compressed into a concentrated beam, be the same after the act? A similar question can be asked of the charge effect.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tmegeney Registered Senior Member

Hmmmm

Well, it seems that there were some things that I didn't take into account, but what about this...

Quantum Physics talks about the multiple universe theory. If that was incorporated into the Discorporation Theory would that mean that you would partially pass from one universe into another? Not sure myself on that one.

What about the ability to transfer. It was mentioned, but if you quantify the electrical charge of yourself, then download your thought pattern into a quantum computer, you should be able to transfer yourself to another location. (or perhaps another universe, where your duplicate is likewise transported to our own) But...if that was possible, would you not be able to create duplicates of yourself? Or even partials that only contained a portion of yourself? Redo your own childhood? In theory live forever?

Okay, its a little far fetched. But theoritically possible. The practical application though is environmental. Using the Discorporation Theory, we would be able to render simple materials such as water discorporate, settle out the impurities, remove them and reconstitute the now-pure water. There you go, the worlds first Quantum Water Purifier.

8. TheRealDcoy Registered Member

Ok,

the question is very interesting and leads to many hours af wishfull thinking...

However the threory described is exactly the one found in Michael Crichton's Timeline... Although i'm pretty sure the idea isn't orriginaly his, many worlds theory has been around for some time , and quantum teleportation has been performed in laboratories...

In fact, what i wonder (actually the question is posed in Timeline as well, so it's originally not mine, but it affects me too... ) ... The teleported object is in every way exactly the same , but is it? What if you are teleported, are you still YOU because every quantum element is an exact copy ... of its orriginal , what happens to the original ... ?

9. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

tmegeney

I do not think this would work to anyone's advantage, expecially living forever. The reason I say this is you willnot achieve 100% perfection. Doesn't happen, not in real life. Never is the copy perfect. so you lose something int he process of duplication, always. So at what point of you find that the copy of a copy is degraded beyond use? At what point do you find diminished abilities? The original is only going to be good for so long and then death occurs.

10. daktaklakpak God is irrelevant! Registered Senior Member

Non living object might be able to phase through wall, but I wonder can a man still alive if some of his internal organs change shape?

11. spankyface Registered Senior Member

I long for a better understanding of physics and chemistry but, doesn't the brain run off neural impulses, similar to electricity? If we match the exact opposite electric charge of every particle that makes us up, we would reach a null point, and particles could not insight other particles to move... forgive me, I have an imperfect understanding of this. :}
    Since there's no electric charge or particle movement, would they be disrupted by the moving particles or bind to those that make up the pass-through object?
    I guess you would have to put yourself through the quantum foam, but wouldn't that require quantum bound particles (or a collection) on the receiving side?
    Could you manipulate the particles into the form of yourself using a pre-made copy, like in Timeline? You could effectively alter existing particles (oxygen, nitrogen) to form what you were. How would you insight those particles to change, though?
    Does any of this make sense!!?

12. rde Eukaryotic specimen Registered Senior Member

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but my body contains quite a few atoms. The charge for each atom WRT every adjacent atom would have to be noted; so would the momentum and position. Heisenberg notwithstanding, this is an awful lot of computation; a beowulf cluster the size of a planet might just do the trick. Of course, if the charge were reversed (somehow), you'd fly apart. Your brain would cease to function as the connections between neurons would be toast. You wouldn't reinvent anything.

All this, of course, assuming that you're not arrested for breaking the laws of physics.

13. tmegeney Registered Senior Member

Owing to the reluctance of mankind to admit what it doesn't know, I submit the following:

Nature in its essence is a complex organism. However within that complexity there are degrees of simplicity that sometimes go unnoticed. It is the interactions of these simplicities that give the appearance of complexity. For example, while we consist of billions & billions of atoms, the majority of these are similar. Any computer determining charge would need only to develop a rank system to determine percentages of equatibility.

Spankyface, as for the quantum receiver. That's not up to us that's up to guys on the other end.

wet1, what is perfection? I am not currently perfect. Any loss might seem like more like the loss of memory after a drunken evening and less like the degradation of the original. Of course I'm probably way of base. I mean that the subject may not realize that the degradation takes place so it wouldn't affect them.

14. spankyface Registered Senior Member

I guess this would require looking into several fields.
    Is there any definitive text on Einstein's unified field theory?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.