Ban Mr. Chips

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Mr. Chips, Jul 15, 2004.

?

Ban Mr. Chips permanently from sciforums?

Poll closed Jul 17, 2004.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

Thinking back over the last six months or so of my participation here I see very little reward and much frustration and much wasted time. That time could have resulted in many more rewards through some real socializing. One can have a drug like addiction to a forum. It can be hard to quit such on one's own. Therefore I ask all to participate in this poll and help have me banned from sciforums. I can see nothing but good from this action.

The owner of this forum seems to believe that these polls reflect some kind of democratic process. One can see that careful design of a poll can elicit a favorable biased response through the wording, the opitons offered and their ordering and the time limit placed on that poll. Over time the vast majority of those who participate in public forums will come to taint a poll towards the bias that nothing matters, that all is pointless. This major tendency towards forum participants to be of very little substance is a natural result of a non-peer reviewed venue. People come to public forums often because they can not gain an ear for their missives any other way because the relative merit of their thoughts falls short of the requirements of communication processes that are designed to create benefit. I consider this to be highly likely why debates that have all but been decided amongst most scientists still flourish and take up much of the space in a forum such as this.

So please vote to help me quit this place altogethor. Please don't vote no. Vote yes for Mr. Chips to assume more valuable use of his time than participate in this joke.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Can I vote twice or more?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Ciao.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Wasn't there a rule made against starting self-banning threads?

8. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

i clicked the box for yes twice. bye. :m:

9. craterchains (Norval What will you know tomorrow? Registered Senior Member

I voted the second yes as it was quite apparent that there was a problem with the first yes.

10. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.