One for me!

Discussion in 'Astronomy, Exobiology, & Cosmology' started by Tristan, Sep 7, 2001.

1. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Hey everybody send 1 dollar to
    Tristan Mertik
    2821 Woodview Dr.
    Broadview Hts., Ohio 44147

Hehe, I just found my telescope that I need to buY! But I am not going to be able to get the money for weeks. And it might sell by then since it is in a classifieds ads thing. Oy! Just meesing around but if you feel generious PLEaSE!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

But...

...being and oreo with creamy arms and legs, how are you going to carry the telescope home?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

hehe i like my quotes. My friend said that to me. Which reminds me, i haven't talked to him in a while.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Tristan,
    I notice that you sport a new title. I have always thought that the title of member or senior member was to common. Not good enough for original thinkers to accept. Oh, it is not that I think we should have these "out of this world" titles. I think that they should be well chosen and should really reflect the you.

I hope you wear yours in good form and live up to its full potential.

I think you have come of age within the forums and have discovered yourself.

Congradulations.

8. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Yes, well I will try hard in life to furfill that title. Whatever i be when I grow a little older, It will have something to do with science, and space. After all, no matter how hard anyone tries, science is one field where there will always be things to discover.
    I am not sure that it reflects me all the way, But it does reflect the part of be that longs for the Cosmos and all her secrets. Here is a new qoute that describes a big part of my personality(oh and by the way, I made it and it also shows a little of my beliefs.):

"I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge that will never be satisfied untill I die and return to the universe from which I sprang".

And it is true! I love knowledge. Just got done reading Cosmos by carl sagan. And i am reading it again! This time with a hghlghter and dictionary at side of course. I understood 90% of it. It made my mind wander off into deep thought. I absolutley love it!

9. machaon Registered Senior Member

Telescope

You might find that you do not really need a telescope when you understand that the boundries of the universe do not and can not exceed the boundries of your own mind. The universe is a very personal interpretation of what may or may not be "out there". The only reality one is capable of knowing is the "in here" of self. The universe has always existed as it is, it is the picture painted by your own perception that constitutes your posistion in it. Distance is an illusion. Space is an illusion. Time is an illusion. However, Oreo cookies are not. They are real.

10. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Yes well just as Leonardo Da vinci loved and cherished his mona lisa, I need the same satisfaction for the heavens. The beauty of the universe is unmistakable. I often think to myself, If a alien came to me and said here is your own ship that you and 4 other 5 other people can travel the universe with, with no time constrants. I'd say, Where do I sign up! Yes you take in the fact of not seeing family and friends and leaving behind everything you know for years but the beauty I see in those hubble photographs as well as all astrophotography is only a small part of the beauty that is out there. If that were to happen, I'd think of the universe as a galactic museum. Oh how I love to think about it! Sigh, If only it would really happen to me.

11. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

12. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

thanks for the links. I have no tools and no help though. So it's unlikely that thats for me. But i will read tem fully to understand what a telescope really is.

(Sniffle, Sniffle) (No body loves me....) (Sniffle, Sniffle)

13. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member