Piggy back on: Multi Level Marketing

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by lmconcha, Jun 16, 2004.

1. lmconcha Registered Member

I was very much interested on the thread posted on "Pyramid Schemes". I would like more info though. I myself do think that we work in Pyramid Schemes everyday, even if we're not in Amway. What are your opinions? Can you get paid more than your boss? Do you agree that your boss is making money off of your services to his company or the company?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Imagine2005 Registered Member

Sorry guys, I had to bump this one up because it made so much sense to me what this person said.

Discussion continued:

Let's see... a pyramid/Job:

Top: President
    Upper Middle: Executives
    Lower Middle: Managers
    Bottom: Associates

That makes a LOT of sense. The President gets an actual vacation while the associates get a 2 week parole.

Anyone else?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lien Registered Member

The main difference is that anyone can buy shares in most corp's, and not phony pyramid-shares like some of the schemes sell. Wich gives anyone the possibility of making money from the associates' work, even the associates themselves. Another difference is that in pyramide schemes you have to buy your way into it, and that is how the money is mostly made for the top guys, the sales aren't that important, while in a corp they do not make money by hiring more and more people.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

You buy your way into it.
    You can not "move up" in the organization.
    People above you get paid by simply taking some of your paycheck.
    There are lots of ways they differ.

Also, yes, as a matter of fact, I have gotten paid more tham my boss in more than one instance.

8. Imagine2005 Registered Member

raven, really??? Which company? Tell me because I'll go to work there right now. A company that will pay me more than my boss!? I'm in!

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Several different companys, in fact.
    Oddy enough, mentioned in your other thread you just made, Citigroup (Citibank) is one of them (who I am currently with).

10. Imagine2005 Registered Member

One thing's for sure though.... if horror director George A. Romero were in Amway before he made Night of the Living Dead and its sequels, and he became say, a Crown Ambassador... He would have his own financing source for his movies. Then there wouldn't have been so many people sticking their hands in the financial pie of the "Dead" Franchise and he would be even more successful than he is right now.

Sorry just had to use that example. It's such a good one.

Another good one, once again involving film.... The guy who came up with the idea for "Alien", Dan O' Bannon. They wouldn't even invite him to the set and they gave him such a lousy cut. He wrote the script and came up with the idea for christ's sake! it was his dream! Hollywood is just as corrupt as Corporate America.

I wouldn't be surprised if Quixtar churns out a brand new Crown Ambassador real soon who has a passion for movies and becomes the next independent George Lucas.

Imagine what that would do to people who are against MLM. Blockbuster Independent Film Creator Built Finances Films With Help of His Network Marketing Business.

11. Light Registered Senior Member

While I can see the parallel you're drawing, the similarities are only very remote. Actually, the only real parallel is the fact that both have levels of "management."

Besides the things that have been mentioned, in a real business the pay for everyone above you does not vary with your performance, nor is it dependent upon constantly adding people at the bottom.

Sure, your boss and the people above him (and stockholders) are profiting from your services. Without the people at the bottom making/marketing goods and services there would BE no business.

And yes, many people can earn more than thier bosses get paid. It happens at times with comissions, incentives, and is pretty commonly done just by working enough overtime.

12. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  13. Light Registered Senior Member

Whatever are you talking about, Rabon??? That's exactly how it worked for me and many people (hundreds, in fact) that I know personally.

Explain yourself!

14. DwayneD.L.Rabon Registered Senior Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  15. Light Registered Senior Member

Dummy, eh? Look who's speaking!! Our very own little infantile who knows almost nothing about economics and the real world.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

By the way, boy "genius", the correct spelling of those words are "monetary" and "refer". "Do-nothing" should be hyphenated (like that).

Why do you keep attempting to pass yourself off as smart when everyone here can plainly see that you actually know so little???