Signatures in Profile

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, May 18, 2004.

?

Do you agree with the proposal below?

Poll closed May 23, 2004.
  1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
  3. Just remove signatures from any visible form of existence.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

If you haven’t notice signatures still exist despite the fact that we can't change them. For example click on my profile and you will see the signature right there at top: Wellcookedfetus Now I would like to change mine as it very out of date, but I can’t: Edit Signature And I’m sure many others would like to change theirs as well.

By the way it has already been decided that signatures will not be visible under posts. http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=34438 That is not the issue here. Do not vote "No" because you want signature visible under posts instead of just under the profile! it not going to happen and you will ruin the chances of any control over the signatures what so ever.

So I propose that signatures be reinstated in profiles (can’t be see anywhere else) and can be accesses and changed.

Or simple remove signatures from any visible form of existence.

Last edited: May 18, 2004
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I'm sick of my signature adorning my profile. So I'd either like to change it and have it only visible via my profile or have them vaquished from existance altogether

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Arditezza Banned Banned

I voted that I wanted to be able to edit signatures.

Unless of course turning on the editing process is tied to whether or not to link them to posts. (i.e. the code is such that if you turned on editing, you had to turn on showing them in posts.)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

I'm all for signatures... I purloined one from Norval.

The mark of all pseudoscience is the corruption of common knowledge.[/QUOTE]

8. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Yah, that's fine. It's done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.