Vote switching

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, May 18, 2004.

?

Do you agree with the proposal below?

1. Yes

80.0%
  2. No

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

When a poll is presented on the forum, people usually vote first then read what belows. Usually when a poll thread starts off there is little evidence presented and it is usually bias, but as a thread gets longer new evidence is presented and views may change. This is not like normal elections and voting in the real world were all the evidence and advertising is presented months ahead of time and there is little time left for after thought. Unfortunately like the real world here in the forum once a vote is made it cannot be changed. I propose that it be made so that you can change your vote afterwards at anytime until the poll closes. A limit might be set that you can only change your mind x times or it can be unlimited.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I think I can agree with this proposal as I myself have fallen foul of being swayed later in an arguement and realising that I had already put my vote forward.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I guess you just have to wait a while with your vote. Sometimes your vote is worth more in the end because the voting is influenced by what is already there.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. an>roid.v2 Registered Senior Member

of course. didn't i say as much already?

8. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

I think it a horrible idea If an individual is uncertain about a vote, then perhaps they shouldn't be so quick to vote. That you can essentially switch votes midway through the process is not good, as current votes sometimes affect how others vote, and in the scenario of a banishment or a potentially close race, it can lead to abuse. Practise restraint if you care to hear all sides.

9. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

I don't think this is technically possible without substantial work, so there's no point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.