Hummer Sales Sagging

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by goofyfish, May 18, 2004.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Perhaps there really aren't an unlimited number of assholes with too much money in this country, Maybe all those we do have have already purchased their Hummer.
    I am not alone. Nothing says asshole like a Hummer.

:m: Peace.

Link is only marginally work and home friendly.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

Yes nothing does say asswipe more then his pretentious Hummer, most likely has one because he can't get a "hummer" at home. Yes the phenomenon of SUV, XUV's, and even full fledged military deviations on the roads are starting to come to their end. This is why I do support capitalism, it is a self-regulating system. Hopefully fuel prices will stay high long enough so that those SUV bumholes can finally get a clue and get rid of those cars/monsters. Hopefully the demand for oil will decrease with the hallowing out of these cars, and consumer demand for fuel efficient cars. I would love to see a fuel efficient SUV, but gas guzzlers are really putting American prosperity and security at great risk.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Epox to strive..to seek...to find Registered Senior Member

Great link!

Thankfully we don't get them over here in the UK.

The biggest pain i think is the dreaded school run in the morning & afternoonwhere you have mothers in big freakin 4x4's (why when they live in a big city?!?) struggling to park the damn things and get the kids out...

8. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

The Governator has eight.

Sigh.

9. Undecided Banned Banned

Well the car companies feel that this is a disaster waiting to happen. So what have they done? They have started the Rebates war against gas prices. They are offering $4000+ rebates on SUV's to prop up sales. SUV's account for 60% of car companies profits, and they are not going to lose that to gas prices. Surely in the long term fuel efficient SUV's as shown are great, and will defray any negative commentary. But this summer in the US is going to be a "hot" one indeed.

10. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

No, but they do sell Hummers. They had one of top gear to test it out on UK roads, they were too big to fit on some roads. It was hilarious.

Yeh, 4x4s give a feeling of power and safety when infact they really arent safe in the slightest, they just roll in a crash. My dad has one and never has taken it off road, I keep pestering him to sell it, he does use it as a work horse though. Taking the kids to school in one is just taking the piss.

11. Epox to strive..to seek...to find Registered Senior Member

I bet Jeremy Clarkson loved that one C.Crunch!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I just don't see why folk need a big freakin 4x4 when they live in the city!.

Each to their own i suppose.

12. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

yeh, it was quite funny, he took it down this average kind of road and a car came the other way so he had to reverse for miles until there was enough room for the car to pass.

http://www.lynchhummer.com/tailgater.html
    "Imagine what would have happened to a "normal" vehicle and its passengers"
    Imagine what would have happened if that was a person!

13. robtex Registered Senior Member

goofyfish that was so funny.....!!!

14. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

How DARE you criticize the KING OF CALIE-FORN-YA!

15. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

I hate the H2's. The REAL hummers kick ass, though I dont know why you would want one in town. They are slow, a bitch to park, and suck up gas like crazy. But boy do they off-road!

16. DeeCee Valued Senior Member

Fraid you can and they look bloody stupid.
    Sort of thing a premier league footballer would drive.

Landrover Rulz

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Dee Cee