New Moderation

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Votorx, May 14, 2004.

?

Should We Hold This Election?

Poll closed May 28, 2004.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  3. Sounds Good Just Change A Few Things (Post You Opinion)

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

Out with the old, in with the new. I propose we get rid of the moderators right now and replace them with different members. Some of these moderators are almost never on and others are constantly being complained about. Only a few are actually liked and do their job properly. So to be fair why don't we just hold an election for each sub forum and see who the new moderators should be?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Given that only one moderator's position is under review, and is presently (though narrowly) retaining the confidence of the community, I think your statement is entirely bogus.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Moderators on every internet board are never liked. It's a universal constant.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I think the only mod I haven't seen online is wet1. He hasn't posted since october. I think all the other mods are doing a good job. Wet1's forums are pretty low heat, but there are a few threads that might be moved out of the science forum. The Qu'ran on the science of the universe!!! or whatever it is to name one. I think I also spotted a few duplicate threads in there as well. Also, seems congrats hasn't been around in awhile, but again, how heated is the arts forum gonna get?

Your attempt to remove all the mods is assinine in my opinion. What's your beef? Anything specific or just out to overturn the present authority?

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I like you guys. You want a hug?

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I think only a few moderating position should be looked at as in need of replacement or existance.

Wet1 and Congrats should be removed, they aren’t around or are just pseudonyms of administrator. Make moderators for these positions. Xev may or may not be impeached I really don't care which way it goes and so far Xev looks like shes in trouble. Someone may be needed to replace her if she gets the boot.

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  10. Votorx Still egotistic... Valued Senior Member

Nah, just a simple post I put up since there seems to be multiple threads complaining about the moderation. I can personally care less.

Just the idea that I got from reading people's posts.

How long before that narrow exception becomes non-existent?

11. RawThinkTank Banned Banned

Why not make each thread creator a backup moderator , kind of thread owner ?

12. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

That's probably a bad idea... plus, I bet it'd be complicated to implement.

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

It would be nice if you could move a thread if you accidentally put it in the wrong forum. Would just need some way of making it unmovable by a user if it's been moved by a mod.

If the thread creator had full mod powers of his thread, I could only see chaos occuring. Imagine trying to have an argument with some hard-headed asshole that keeps editing or deleting your posts.

Maybe something should be done about congrats and wet1. Neither have logged in in a long time. Are they coming back? The other mods don't seem worried about it, so they must think it's under control.

14. Walker Hard Work! Registered Senior Member

I know some mods have had their beefs with me and vice versa, but (with a couple of exceptions), I think the mods are nice, reasonable community members. Since nice isn't even a requisite, I'd say that's above and beyond.

15. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i think that it would be a good idea to have 1 mod for every subforum, including free thoughts and the other ones currently without mods, with no more than one per mod (in other words, they would not be able to act as mod in other than their designated forum). the inactive ones (damn i liked wet1

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) and the ones causing so much controversy it is a disruption (even though i voted no) should be replaced.
    if anyone thinks this is a good idea maybe it could be turned into a poll.

16. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

good idea swedish

*thinks* we need a mod for the cesspool

PICK ME!!!

17. GuessWho A Californian Registered Senior Member

Votorx,

Unless you prove to me that you can do a better job than any of the moderators, then I will think about it.

18. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

why do we need a mod for the cesspool?

Isn't the fact that it is in the cesspool already an act of moderation?

19. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

The cesspool obviously doesn't need moderation but it would be good to have a mod who's sole task is to move threads to the cesspool.
    I would love that job so much.

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

You have my vote.

21. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

"why do we need a mod for the cesspool?

Isn't the fact that it is in the cesspool already an act of moderation?"

it was actually a joke, but it would be pretty hilarious removing peoples posts cos they werent good enough for the cesspool

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. vslayer Registered Senior Member

its like kicking crap out of the sewer