Does Human Science need a moderator?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by sargentlard, May 13, 2004.

?

Does Human Science need a moderator

Poll closed May 18, 2004.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. No concern since I do not tread there

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I think it does. The place use to be quiet and peaceful but now more and more threads are inciting flames. A general, dedicated look out would be nice in the human science forum. I would volunteer if needed.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

oops wrong forum....can someone please move this to its appropriate place.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I think it should. Granted they wouldn't have much to do but you do need someone to keep it in check every oncei in a while. It's only sensible.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Can I count on your vote then if needed?

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I voted yes. Too many racists there, which is ok, as long as they play by the rules.

9. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

Well, I am a racist of mind, not skin, culture or religion.
    I am a racist against those with lesser intelligence.

(No, not IQ)

And i voted that i do not thread there so it does not concern me. Normally i would had voted Yes because i am always pro more moderators but now there was an option where i could say that i did not post there so it did not affect me. Good thinking!

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

"Can I count on your vote then if needed?"

If a moderator is set up? I can guarentee no vote on the grounds that I vote for who I think is right for the job. If it happens to be you, then sure.

11. Baal Zebul Somewhat Registered User Registered Senior Member

Perhaps we should have democratic elactions where you can candidate for the positions and speak for yourselves. Then the others vote and the one that wins will be moderator and can also select sub-moderators to help him/her

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I thought we already had that system, except for that last part of your sentence in which the moderator chooses their own little helpers.

I can't agree with that. It is not up to a moderator to make their own independent nation...

I would rather see 2 moderators for each subforum. Both elected.

13. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

I don't think the people should be allowed to elect. They don't seem to know whats good for them. People who should obviously be moderators(strict firm cold ruthless efficient diabolical people like me) should just be handed the job without an election.
    Democracy doesn't work, common sense needs to prevail or this cyber-town will go down the drain.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Are you referring to the fact that people will rather elect already existing moderators if they have that option instead of a new face?

15. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I think that people who actually post in the relevent areas should be the only ones who should vote.

The only way I can see this working is to have like a 'Whoever wants blah, put your hand up'. So people will have to post their vote, not like a poll.

16. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

Yes we need one. There are now 3 threads there on human race with at least one member copy/paste'ing from aryan brotherhood and kkk sites. it has now spilled over to biology and genetics forum, so now there are 4 threads on human race among the two forums.

17. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I agree, we do need one, I volounteer for the position. I visit that forum here and there. There are some things that need moderating that creep up. I nominate myself for the position since I am responsible and not biased or racist or anything else like that.

18. paulsamuel Registered Senior Member

there are now 5 human race threads

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

After some thought, yes it does, but dam god if its going to be another moderator or dare I say it Xev that gets the position!

20. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I say that most would agree...no?

Why not start an actual poll then?

Yup, I agree.

21. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I think there should be more mods, and I can take on the position!

22. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

The main thing about mods and indeed people in power, is that the position should not go to anyone who really wants it. The power holder should only reluctantly take the post up.

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Agreed, also once this poll passes (if it does and its not vetoed) then next will come a nomination thread, thats the time to nominate our self or another... no is not the time people don't jump the gun.