Proposal; regarding proud muslim(with poll)

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Dr Lou Natic, Mar 28, 2004.

?

No one should be banned before proud muslim unless they exceed PM in suckage

1. Agreed, I am a decent human being and my vote signifies this

76.2%
  2. Disagreed, pm deserves special treatment because he is retarded

23.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

By any definition PM should be banned, its like beyond a joke.
    But how about instead of just banning him we hold everyone to that standard? in other words no one gets banned untill they exceed proud muslim in 'terribleness'?
    I'd like to think this would naturally be the case seeing as how proud muslim is still around, but I just want insurance, this thread is to make sure that the agreement is clear.
    As long as PM is here, no one less offensive and horrible than PM can be banned, agreed?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shmoo The CzarnaChapka Registered Senior Member

I completely agree. If Proud_Muslim won't be banned, neither should anyone who's actions are less terrible than his.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. MacM Registered Senior Member

HeHeHe. I voted ban but then I would ban all religious fanatics.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i'm not choosing either. it is the mods' discretion who they ban.

8. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Well that kind of sucks. I think there should be some logic behind any banning, otherwise they could just go about hap-hazardly banning people they didn't like.
    If tomorrow someone gets banned, and PM remains, I want to see how that person was worse than pm. Same goes for anyone, I use pm because he is the worst.
    But like if someone got banned for saying nun-cunt, and someone who had used the term nun-cunt previously remains, then I see a problem.
    Porfiry owns the board so I guess he has the right to ban all but females who send naked pictures or whatever the hell he wants but the mods should need to be banning for a valid reason and it should be some kind of board wide code that all members are subject to.
    Including PM. The way I see it no one that has been banned in the past was anywhere near as bad as PM.
    I'm trying to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else, as long as PM is here, then his behaviour is what we can use as a guide. If we aren't behaving any worse than pm we should not have to fear a ban. Unless of course pm is banned and then we have to re-establish whats acceptable by finding the worst remaining poster and using his/her behaviour as a guide.
    Understand?
    I don't think it should be the mods discretion, porfiry's discretion sure but the mods are just members like us and need to be police upholding the law rather than dictators creating the law as they go along and applying it to some and not others. I'd call rodney king if I got banned while PM was still here.

9. crazymikey Open-minded Scientist Registered Senior Member

There is a certain ethical responsibility an owner of a forum must adhere to. That responsibility is not being adhered to here, I can see that, loud and clear.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  10. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Lol. That's bull. This site is a -free- service (almost), and porf can do just about any damn thing he wants. He doesn't have a responsibility to ban PM, but it would be the fair and I think correct thing to do.

Swedishfish: It is up to porfiry who gets banned, but assuming he doesn't browse that often, threads like this may point him in the right direction

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Your poll options are biased.

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Yes, it is a divine miracle that PM hasn't been banned yet (allah also works in mysterious ways) and it is difficult to see how anyone is currently a worse offender in being a forum troll than he!

Polls are always biased.

13. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Yes, they are biased, but if anybody feels the need to vote no then they can explain that they don't think he 'is retarded'... although I have no idea how that would be backed up.

14. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

btw, I am not a decent human being, despite that he poll states that I am a decent human being.

I'm an asshole.

15. Nebuchadnezzaar Registered Senior Member

just ignore PM, then he'll leave.

16. Bells Staff Member

If we ban PM, then we'd have to ban people such as Vienna and all the other little hateful fanaticals out there. In the end they'd be very few people on here. I'll be the first to agree that PM's a big pain in the behind, but if you ban one then you have to ban all.

As to holding him up there as a standard. Hmm would that be fair? Those who are banned for being as bad as he or just that little bit worse would have reason to complain because they'd see PM as still being here while they are banned. If PM breaks the fundamental banable rules, then he should be banned, as should anyone else who breaks the rules. But in the end it remains with the powers that be to decide who are banned.

One should also consider the fact that if PM were banned, then he'd come back under another name and imagine the rantings we'd suffer then about how he was right that there was a conspiracy against muslims in here and how we are all Islamaphobes, hypocrites, haters, etc, etc.

17. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

We come here to debate and discuss things and hopefully, we can all learn something from this exercise, even people with fixed and biased ideas might actually get some enlightenment from it and that can only benefit the individual, the other posters and even society at large, but you must give them a chance.

If someone's behaving like an asshole, all you have to do is ignore them, no need to ban, bans smack of censorship and elitism. We should only consider banning posters who are consistently insultingly rude to other posters and that don't contribute anything of substance except their rudeness.

PM is a religious fanatic, simply that, and he is shouting desperately to be heard while having a hard time accepting that not everyone is actually biased against him personally or Islam per se, but is actually biased against BullShit no matter what the source is. Engage him in debate (if you can stand it) by all means, or ignore him until he gives up or changes his tune, but he has a right to state his opinions.

18. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

lou, you should be banned for posting such a blatantly biassed and nonsensical poll, and for not presenting any argument whatsoever.

19. Ozymandias Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

I think the argument presents itself whenever PM posts.

20. water the sea Registered Senior Member

I fully agree with what Tablariddim said.

21. Vienna Registered Senior Member

Bells, I am a hateful fanatic towards anything which threatens peace on Earth.

Having said that I am against the idea of Proud Muslim being banned. He is simply a very good example of how a typical Muslim behaves and he illustrates perfectly what the world should expect from Islam.

I wouldn't expect his words or behaviour to be anything different.

We are giving the same focus of attention to one Muslim here on a microscopic scale compared to the attention the world media gives to Islamic terrorism.

Doesn't that just sum it all up.

ps. And No, I haven't voted.

22. outlandish smoki'n....... Registered Senior Member

vienna, your post once again highlights your complete lack of knowledge on many issues, including Islam and Muslims.

Nonsense. Utter drivel. There is no Typical Muslim. You cannot classify anyone as "typical" anything on the basis of any generic grouping, including one's faith.

1) He illustrates nothing of the sort.
    2) Your perception of what he may or may not illustrate equates to nothing.
    3) You illustrate quite perfectly once again your complete ignorance.

come again Adolph?
    Offensive and ignorant.

1) no connection between PM and terrorism of any sort.
    2) any such comparisons show once again the total ineptitude and absence of rational reasoning inside your mind.
    3) you have no knowledge nor will you ever have of what actual terrorism is, and will remain for the rest of your wretched life a little monkey being spoon fed the nonsense served up so willingly by the likes of FOX news et al.

23. Vienna Registered Senior Member

outlandish

Please do calm yourself.

You know nothing about me, my life, my experiences - or the place I live which is now heavily populated with Asian Muslims. Also there are three mosques are within easy reach where I live. So I do qualify to comment through my personal experiences with these people.

I have met many of these Asian Muslims and they hold the same attitudes as Proud Muslim, and behave in an arrogant manner. They live in England and yet they hate the English whites, they hate England (The country where they live) and America, they even cheered and laughed in the streets at 9/11.

So I'm not going to apologise if my view of muslims and Islam doesn't exactly match yours.

ps. outlandish, Have you ever considered holding Proud Muslims hand as he writes about Islam on the Religion Board. Have a think about it, and hopefully we will see you there.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.