lookat the SMALL picture

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by jcb15digger, Jul 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcb15digger Registered Member

Its the small picture we should be looking at. instead of expanding to Mars we should fix the Earth.Plant trees,Go solar,dismantle all nuclear forces =save the human race!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

True, but...

Hi jcb15digger,

Ofcourse we should fix earth, plant trees and be nice to the environment. However, considering - for example - overpopulation problems predicted for the near future, I think it might not be a bad idea to start looking for terrain to colonize. Unless we want to impose government birth control.

Bye!

Crisp

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

We must learn the true magnificense of the Earth..

...before we are allowed to pollinate other worlds.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Hey Crisp ...

Considering the grief China has been getting for trying to control their population, particularly from the United States ... It's a pefect situation for the U.N. to do something meaningful:

Create a virus that will wipe out about two thirds of the world's population!

That way no one country would have to take the grief that would follow. Hummmm ... maybe they already have: HIV!

8. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

One of those things............

Human race? Virus? I see a relationship here. Goes back to the qoute of.....
    Look at earth. Lets move on to another planet so we pollute and destroy that one too. What an idea! Don't get me wrong now. I would like to live if something happens to pur humble home. But I would never support the colonization of a planet with life already on it (this sentence does not pertain to mars).

9. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Just a question...

What is an Oreo with creamy arms and legs?????

10. KneD Le Penseur Registered Senior Member

I am not against populating some other planet but there is a problem we have to notice:

The population-problem on earth will be a fact in this century, we won't be ready to go another planet that soon......
    So we only have one thing to do: solve the population problem.

What we need to do is to let people realise they shouldn't take more children then 2....because of the population.
    Maybe we can't forbid, but we can ask, and let them realise.

(bebelina, I have no idea where you're talking about)

11. kmguru Staff Member

Hello Tristan:

Chagur is only being sarcastic but has a point though. You see, the golden rule is all about he who has the gold rules. We do not want anybody else get ahead. If we are in a cesspool, we want everybody to be in that too. If our corporations can not compete with outsiders, we find fault and blame them (the outsiders) for everything.

Now, about pollution. You and so many others (the public) did not want polluton in US. So we practically exported all our pollution to other countries in the name of democracy. We told them that our people want a good standard of living but our technology that provides that standards of living is polluting us. If you take this from our hands you will have good standards of living too.

And so it continues...until someone sees the BIG picture...

That is just part of the story.....

12. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Chagur is only being sarcastic ...

kmguru

I doubt that you would recognize sarcasm if you backed into it while bent over

13. kmguru Staff Member

Hello Chagur:

Is that how you look at the small picture - every morning - lining up the inmates.....

14. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

kmguru ...

That was nowhere close to sarcasm, just an indication of how inadequate your reading skills are.

Read my profile again ... and slowly ... so you'll have an idea as to what you're reading.

15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

The meaning

What I´m trying to say here, is that if we don´t fix the Earth first, we have no right to leave. We must repair what we have broken. Then, and only then, do we know the true mening of this planet and it´s value, and are allowed to leave. If we try to leave before we have done this, we will fail. Because we will not know what we will be leaving behind,and what we will carry with us. We must carry the full magnificense of the Earth in out hearts and minds, so that we know what heritage we are passing on. To our children and to ones we will meet.

16. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Bebelina ...

Don't you mean 'if we don't fix ourselves first'?

And as far as 'repairing what we have broken' - It would first require knowledge of how it works, something we are only now beginning to understand.

Bye

17. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Both ourselves and the Earth

How can we leave without the knowledge how to undo what we have done? Then we will only make the same mistakes on other planets. We must take our responsibilty as earthlings more seriously.

18. KneD Le Penseur Registered Senior Member

We need time to fix our home planet.
    When the population explotion is a fact, and we didn't fix the earth yet, but we have the opportunity to leave (not everyone offcourse) then we must do it.

And then try to fix our planet and offcourse try to keep the 'new' planet alive and clean....

When we'll die on this planet, we can't fix it anymore, so first survive and then clean up.....

19. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Die, we will do anyway.

But then we have the choice to die with a clean consciense or not. To leave now, would only be a trap for our future selves. We have a responsibility towards our selves and the Earth. We are one and the same and can´t leave before it´s alright to leave. And that moment is far, far away.

20. KneD Le Penseur Registered Senior Member

We're talking about leaving, but we won't leave al together, we will just spread our species out over a small part of the universe.
    Including earth.

offcourse we have some responsibility's and we will keep them, but we can't keep them when every m^2 is filled with people...

21. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

There is lot of room.

For everybody, we just need to share the room a little more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.