Nutrition Supplements

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by kmguru, Jul 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmguru Staff Member

To those who are over 40:

Do you or your friends /relatives take nutrition supplements? Does it help? Nutrition supplements are OTC drugs that could be Vitamins, Minerals, Herbal Formula, Certain Chemical such as Glucosomine Sulphate or SAMe.

Your comment on pharmaceutical companies, doctors appeal to regulate the market by FDA is also welcome.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Daily Aids

Each day, for the past few months, I have been taking each day: 1 garlic capsule (pressure from the other half!); one multi vit tablet and 1 ginko biloba capsule. Not sure how I am supposed to benefit but saves arguing with the wife!!!!! Nuff sed!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Hi, Red Devil

Looks like your wife wants you to stay healthy. Garlic for heart and cholesterol, Ginko for your noggin and Multi for "if-you-dont-know-what".

If you visit those english pubs, may I recommend "Milk Thistle" for liver... It keeps those high meat eaters in shape.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kmguru Staff Member

Q-10 is very expensive. Vinpocetine and Choline work just as good for memory. I take Q-10 once in a while just in case.

8. kmguru Staff Member

Bobby Lee:

There are two types of chemicals that can help in memory problems.

1. That works to increase blood circulation in the brain such as: Ginko, Vinpocetine, Huperzine A, Gotu Kola, There may be others.

2. That increases the neurotransmitter: like Choline, Phosphotidyl Serine (sp?), Lecithin etc.

Using a cocktail of protein powder and lecithin mixed in fruit juice will work just as good.

For serious problems, a doctor can prescribe products such as Piracetam, Aricept and similar drugs.

9. kmguru Staff Member

Garlic

June 1 — A new report adds to mounting evidence that garlic can help stave off diseases such as stomach and colon cancers. But the way in which it is prepared in foods or supplements may change its health effects, research suggests.

rest of the link: http://www.msnbc.com/news/578612.asp

10. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

Re: Q-10 coenzyme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.