Budget Of The United States Government...

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by goofyfish, Feb 3, 2004.

1. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Undecided Banned Banned

$525 billion or so deficit is expected from the US and it seems it is only getting worse. I was watching CNN, up to 63 government programs are to be eliminated, and antoher 60 or so government programs will have their budget cut. The rest will have a marginal 1% increase in their budgets well below the rate of inflation. The only two aspects of the Budget that will increase is the Armed Forces (7% increase), and the Department of Homeland security (? %). Whoa, reminds me more and more of the Soviet Union evertime I see it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Undecided Banned Banned

Other tid bits:

$1.1 trillion tax cut over the next little while.

$530 billion for the now 30% or so inflated price for Bush's medicare bill

$50 billion per month in Iraq.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

It’s Not as Bad as You Thought. It’s Worse.

This message is brought to you by the Comptroller General of the United States:
    For a guy who is apparently all-consumed with image and politics, I find it passing strange that Bush appears to give no thought whatever to how history will perceive him - or even how people will be thinking about him a mere five years from now.

:m: Peace.

8. Undecided Banned Banned

I really do see a economic collapse in the US very soon. The US simply cannot keep up with all this debt, private debt is at about $9 trillion, with public debt at $7 trillion, and with the expected $5 trillion expected to be added if there is another 4 years of Bush, yes the US is screwed. There is no way out of debt apart from paying it out, and with low tax revenue and a military expected to suck about $1 trillion per annum by the end of this decade, the US' claim to fame will be militaristic only.

9. kazakhan Registered Abuser Registered Senior Member