Proposal: History Forum (with poll!)

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Pollux V, Jan 21, 2004.

?

Should there be a History Forum?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2004.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I propose the creation of a new forum that would center on the topic of human history. Persons involved in the forum would not only be able to debate historical topics but post information about obscure ones as well. Questions could be answered too. It would be primarily a forum of learning and hard discussion, as opposed to free thoughts or parapsychology.

I realize that one or the other, either human science or science and society covers the topic of history, but I think that if there were to be a specific history forum there would be a boom in history-related topics. It would encourage historical discussion more.

If this motion passes--I don't know how I'm going to get a hundred votes--I would also campaign for moderator of the forum, so as to take an active role of benevolent authority. Thanks for reading. Tell all your friends to vote!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

'Yes'

I think its going to be a very one sided vote

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Yes! Yes! We've been pushing for this since the olden days! A history forum!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

More forums = more things to talk about = more fun = more talk = .........
    *Curioucity, just stop!*

8. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I think we could give it a trial period of a few weeks. See what happens and if there is enough interest make the history forum permanent.

And maybe there should be a moderator from the beginning on who tries to stimulate the discussion in the early phase.

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I don't think there should be a moderator for it until we find out how benevolent or violent the atmosphere will be there. Also how popular, how many post per day. I have many question to ask in a history forum by the way I don't see artificial stimulation as necessary.

10. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Excellent excellent excellent...

11. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

It is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.