Your thoughts please .....

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by discord5, Jun 5, 2001.

1. discord5 Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

Hrmmm....

Hi discord5,

Interesting.... Very interesting... There seem to be some small points I tend to disagree on. At the moment I'm lacking time to go deeper into this, but I'll surely try to remember looking into it after my exams are over (in two weeks)...

Bye!

Crisp

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. discord5 Registered Senior Member

honestly i was hoping for some more input on this topic than "At the moment I'm lacking time to go deeper into this"

if nobody replies to my posts i'm gonna start crying =(

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

And the responce is.....

I guess that was aimed at me. Do I need to send a towel?

Actually I have not read the info in the link yet and so at this time can't properly give a responce. Later when work is less pressing I'll get to it.

8. discord5 Registered Senior Member

that was aimed at everyone
    but agin i am only given a response of .... "Later when work is less pressing I'll get to it."

if you people are so busy then what are you doing reading these ?

9. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

Ehr...

We're reading this for fun, relaxation between our busy hours of work and studying

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Slave labor

Hmmm, not all of my worktime is spend on the chain. Some is spent behind the computer. And you do get breaks...

11. KneD Le Penseur Registered Senior Member

WOW!

I agree with Crisp:

interesting...very interesting....

But I think it's a little blown up:

reason#1
    ok maybe we don't know the mechanism by which this force operates, but I think it's easy to say that that is a reason the theory isn't right....
    There are so may things we can see, but don't know how it is made or by what force it is created, it doesn't mean that what we see is wrong. (ok, a weak argument from me too, but reason #1 is very weak)

reason#4
    But the position of an eight planet was precisely calculated by 'Urbain le Verrier', using the gravitational law, and the eccentricity of other planets.
    Later the planet was discovered by Johan Galle and Louis d'Arrest, at the place where it should be by the calculations from le Verrier.

So maybe with the gravitational law you can't predict the things called at reason#4 but you can predict the place of an unknown planet....

for the other reasons I should do more research to say something about it, but I don't think any of the reasons are very convincing.
    It is nice to think about it but further it is crap.....GO NEWTON!!!!

I believe in gravity.