Me,Myself, and I

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by JimmyJames, May 18, 2001.

1. JimmyJames Master Jedi Registered Senior Member

Me, Myself, and I

Space is really cool to me and I want to an engineer when I grow up, but many other things like quantum physic and biophysics (DNA) and things like that. Astronomy is really cool too. This sort of stuff amazes me and I want to know as much about as I can. From I very young age I've been interested in these topics… and I think this is a good time to get answers. When I grow up I want to have a minor in physics and a major in engineering, a master's degree in quantum physics and a PHD in Astronomical Engineering. I want to have the education from these subjects because that I know for a fact that nothing else in this world could make happy or fourfold like these subjects would. So any thing that you think would interest me…by all means do post or send to JimmyJames21988@hotmail.com and if any one would like to discuss about what a black hole is…send a instant message.

Last edited: May 18, 2001
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Crisp Gone 4ever Registered Senior Member

Science

Hi Jimmy,

I can give one advice that could help you out in getting all the degrees you wanted: be sure to study mathematics now, since most sciences rely heavily on it. After you get a hold of mathematics, you will find that other sciences (such as physics) become a lot easier to understand.

Bye!

Crisp

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kram006 Registered Member

Hehe

So how many years do you plan on going to college? =P
    I also am interested somewhat in those fields... but a minor, major, masters, and PHD would take quite a lot of work (i'm talking like... over 10 years easy) I'm 17 and I realized that:
    A) School Sucks
    B) College will be cool
    C) College costs a shitload of money
    D) I don't have a shitload of money
    E) I'll go for 5, possibly 8 years of college (although I'm thinking eight may be too long =P )
    So make sure you know how long doing all that stuff would take you heh...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. JimmyJames Master Jedi Registered Senior Member

Well if I'm doing my math right I'll be out at 29. out of school that is.

8. KneD Le Penseur Registered Senior Member

Newsletters

I think you have to submit the daily newsletter from NASA, all space stuff right in your mailbox..
    at www.nasa.gov you can submit.

You could also submit to Newsalert (astronomy and spaceflight),
    you can submit on www.spaceflightnow.com and www.astronomynow.com

I want to study 'physics and astronomy', but I have to finish high school first... (I'm in the fourth grade, from 6...)

good luck 2U!

9. papa_smirf Registered Senior Member

Ah yes, the simplicity of youth. I am not an old timer by any means (i'm 17 like Kram006 is), but I have been around long enough that not many people are able to sit through that many years of school. I would suggest focusing on a single Phd. Since your other possible majors/minors/masters are basically all in the same category you will probably be taking many courses that are relevant to the anyways. So in my mind it would be easier and less time consuming to just by some books and teach yourself the things which college leaves out. Thats pretty much what I'm doing.

Oh yeah, Kram, how would you like to help me warp some space with me next weekend. I should get my supplies by then and my schematics are almost complete. This will be sweet as long as we don't kill ourselves.

10. Kram006 Registered Member

Sounds good papa_smirf, we just finished our basement so while the warping of space is proceeding we can play pool and ping pong woohoo!