is logic deluded?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by tablariddim, Sep 28, 2003.

1. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Could human logic be just a deluded way of thinking? A lateral viewpoint if you will?
    Could it be that what we deem to be impossible is actually the opposite; that the impossible is indeed possible? That we evolved our unnatural way of thinking, simply to facilitate the formation of interactive, communicative societies? Could it be that it’s this warped, species mentality that has made us the grim reaper of the planet?

Why do I ask?

Well they say that the universe is infinite, no beginning no end, so how can that be?
    Others say that it started spontaneously from ‘nothing’. Well, the nothing obviously contained ‘something’; otherwise there’d still be nothing, so how can that be? Where did the ‘something’ come from, what made it and what made the thing that made it (ad infinitum)?

Others still, put it down to God that God made everything and that God is infinite, so, same query as that of the universe, how can anything create itself and then live forever and indeed, how can anything not even be created, yet be able to exist with no beginning and no end?

You see; these ages old, seemingly unanswerable questions are what are making me doubt the validity of sanity and logic (even though my logic is telling me that this cannot be). What they are saying to me, is that our brains simply cannot comprehend what the correct answers may happen to be (if indeed there are correct answers?), because a) either we need to evolve further before we can begin to understand or b) we have programmed our brains to run in such a strange way for expediency of survival that we have lost our potential to be able to understand what we now consider to be the deep mysteries of life, where the impossible is seemingly not.