AI Project Ideas Required

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Rick, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick Valued Senior Member

I am trying to develop a project on AI in C/C++.I need some ideas as to how to go about it.Also:

• What Compiler To use?
    • What or Which Concept to use?

thanks.
    bye!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. G71 AI Coder Registered Senior Member

zion:

1) the one you have the best experience with. If you are good enough to develop AI in C++ then you should know what compiler to pick.

2) The concept depends on the type of AI you want to develop. I would recommend you to focus on problem-solving algorithms and to search for new concepts.

Did you figure out the user interface of your AI system? How it's gonna communicate? What kind of DB system do you want to use?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Grab your tecnical Lego box + RCX and program it in NQC (not quite C) to make a checkers robot

like this:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

]
    You wouldn't believe the geeky stuff you can do noewadays with plastic bricks:

www.brickbots.com

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

If you think you might use a genetic algorithm I suggest this book: Genetic Algorithms in C++.

It took me a long time to find a book on AI that got right to the code. Most of the books seem to be theoretical rather than practical.

I’d go with the compiler that will best help your career; likely Microsoft’s.

Not sure what you mean by concept. I chose the genetic algorithm for its almost magical ability to find an optimal solution to a function.

8. malkiri Registered Senior Member

I'm interested in EC as well, zanket, for more or less the same reason. I'm taking a class in it now, and it's killed the magic through analysis

Still very interesting to me, just not in the same way.

9. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Maybe it’ll become magical again if society applied it better. I’d like the timing of street lights to done by AI, for example. The system could slowly adjust the light times, gradually optimizing traffic throughput. The justice system could use it to reduce crime by adjusting punishments & rewards. And it could optimize gross national product by adjusting tax rates and incentives. If only the general voter appreciated the power of AI!

I improved the book’s algorithm (standard GA) by a factor of 15 by using statistics to do the crossover more intelligently. I know how it works, but I'm still fascinated by how well it works.

10. malkiri Registered Senior Member

Well, for me, it was magical in the black box sense. You feed it some random stuff, and it pops out an answer. Having more of an idea of what's happening inside the box took that away, but now I'm interested in why it's behaving as it is.

11. G71 AI Coder Registered Senior Member

zion: If you (or anyone else) want to work on an AGI system then I would be interested to read answers to these questions.

12. Rick Valued Senior Member

Hi,
    Sorry for not replying to your inquiry for a long time.I was busy in collecting the material for my project.Sadly i had to drop the project idea,because of lack of the material available on the subject,that is of <I>Practical</I> importance to me.It would have been a great project but neverthless...

now i have started with Kernel development as an option.

bye!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.