Girls, Boys and Autism

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by kmguru, Sep 10, 2003.

1. kmguru Staff Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invisibleone Registered Senior Member

Very interesting! I scored a 16 on the test. . . Apparently I'm in the "average" range.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Amazing. it would seem Autistic people can have great carrers with their gifts from unfortunate origins.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Raven Registered Senior Member

Autism has it's benefits as much as it's weaknesses. My brother has Asperger's Syndrome. He's a very intelligent young man. In kindergarten he was doing long division and other high mathamatical concepts. He is a bit obsessive though and he is unable to work right now. I trained a social service dog for him and he's doing quite well with Rusty, a Poodle/Chinese Crested Dog( he didn't feel comfortable with big dogs). I think the dog was one of the best things for him. He's getting to be more social and talks to the family more. I've heard it runs in families and I think my other brother might have it along with his OCD. I just took the bloody test and got a 33 on it. We're one big happy messed up family! Just kidding, actually I think Autism, Savant Syndrome and similar "ailments" may just be an advanced form of thinking that we don't yet understand. After all, we don't entirely know how a "normal" brain works, to my knowledge.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I got 17.
    I think autistic people are souls that have chosen to experience life more intellectually than emotionally. Well, I guess that's pretty obvious. ( I have been caughing all night and am slightly more braindamaged than ususally)...
    I have always found autism very fascinating, especially since I saw a program on tv about it and realized that my ex boyfriend displayed all the recongnizable symptoms of it.
    Which to me explained a lot. I had been very baffled with his strange behaviour and here was the answer.
    But he got very angry when I told him , of course. Didn't want to be autistic at all. Other mutual firends that saw the same program also reacted upon the similarities.

9. kmguru Staff Member

I am slightly autistic, my youngest is a lot more due to the fact that he is hyper intelligent yet has a lot of social problems. Conclusion: A little is good, a lot is bad.

I think human specis is going to evolve with rapid brain growth to account for changes in technology and complexity. But the biochemical process need to catch up to make one a whole person.

10. khallow Registered Senior Member

matter of degree

Perhaps, the people who claim on this board to be autistic are. However, I can say that autism can be really harsh. A friend of mine has a child who doesn't speak and lives in his own world. It's very hard on the parents though I have no idea how this child feels about it. To claim that autism is an advantage is to ignore that often it is a terrible curse.

11. kmguru Staff Member

If life gives you a lemon...try to make some lemonade...

12. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

It depends on its severity. Too much of anything is a poison. I have seen autism grant both genius and social-paralysis. For me its a little of both. For me its a a little of both.

I wonder if those with autism inherently gravitate to places like this.

13. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Kgmuru:

Very nice link. I've been fascinated with Autism and the savants ever since I first heard of them. Been dying to meet one.

I believe their abilities to digitize data like a processer has something to do with them not being bogged down by language.

One thing though- this dichotomy of gender in that females emphatize while males systemize would be true if half us girls were not cold little witches. Ha.

Kgmuru:
    No. You take the lemon in your bitter little hands and smash it on the wall. Forget where I've heard that. Screw lemonade.

14. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Clockwood
    That social-paralysis is a gift, my dear.
    Highly doubtful. They lack the patience for reading and most are illiterate.

15. truth Registered Senior Member

My oldest son has Asperger's Syndrome, high functioning autism. He also has other attendant problems, not too uncommon, of ADHD and PDD (Pervasive Development Disorder).

It is a nightmare sometimes. He is eight and will break down crying one minute at frustration, scream at the next, then be apathetic, and then care. He is fairly inept socially, my wife and I expect he will be living most of his life with us. He is highly developed in reading, music, arts. Often he cares nothing about anyone, but then can be overbearingly caring. I love my son, but there are days when just want to scream in frustration, you worry constantly that he will be okay at school and that other kids will play with him. There is a possibility my second child may have it too. I wish no one had to go through, children or parents.

16. kmguru Staff Member

In India, there are rules/activities to follow during intercourse with intent to have children and during the females gestation period. They include nutrition and frame of mind. These are designed to reduce birth anamolies.

May be we should do some research and come up with a process for the same.

17. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

"He is eight and will break down crying one minute at frustration, scream at the next, then be apathetic, and then care."
    im the exact same way... when i watch home videos of me when i was a young child im amazed at myself. because i still scream with agony as my entire soul is consumed with hatred twords the entire world then lie on the floor crying for hours because i know that everything i hate is there because of me... even tho its not.
    but now i dont let anyone see me do those things.
    and when i wach that tape of me and my little sister playing and i get up, punch her in the face, then sit there sceaming i wonder how my parents could ever excpect me to be any diferent then i am now. and i hate myself because i cant take that punch, now immortalized on vhs, back and beg for forgivenes.
    life sux.

"If life gives you a lemon...try to make some lemonade..."
    no, you cut that damn lemon in half, squeeze the searing acidic juice into lifes eyes and ram the remnants of the lemon down her screaming throat. then take that knife you used to slice that lemon and kill all those suffering fools life has forced into unrepenting aggony...

*damnit! damn what? damn me! condem me! and send me to hell! burn it! burn it all! let it fall! fall to hell! im screaming! im singing! im singing the death knell! were dieing! im crying! and were in hell!*

18. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

my score: 27.

above average.

... like i needed a test to tell me that?

19. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I don't know if any of you have read the about the person they have caught as a suspect of the Anna Lindh murder, but he seems really psychopathic, so much that it' s hard to define exactly what is wrong with him. Some sort of autism, narcissism, mythomania....some horrible mixture.

20. kmguru Staff Member

It is those artificial colors and food preservatives that affect the neurotransmitters in the brain. (Ref: Time magazine, this week)

Some one ate those damn blue and red eggs during Easter....egg hunt....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

mmmMMMmmm preservatives...

22. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Kgmuru:
    Hideous bullshit. If this were true than America with its culture of fast food and articifial evertyhing would be chock full of interesting psychotic people, creative, absurd, and manic. The average American is a lackluster, moronic, lazy little sunuvabitch you could easily forget in a second.

Bebelina:
    "Wrong" is your folly.

Autism and all its sister mental "quirks" are beautiful.

Cthulus_slave:
    I think you hate yourself because its fashionably chique nowdays to say you do and get all ~suicidal~ for flavor.

23. kmguru Staff Member

Wow...those neurotransmitters are kicking in....