My new site

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Raven, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Raven Registered Senior Member

Greetings,
    I started a new site for my photography. I've been trying to get a job involving photography for some time but haven't had any success. I thought this site might help. I've put some of my best exposures online. It's not really big right now. This is sort of a rough draft and it'll get better later. This month I'm featuring some photos of Egyptian and Roman sculptures outside the Rosecrutian Egyptian Museum in San Jose, Ca. I'd like to know how you like my work.
    www.frdrum.com/daisy.htm

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. river-wind Valued Senior Member

your photos have pretty good framing and pretty good exposure (there are some areas which are needlessly overexposed), however, in the development, you lost alot of the Ummph. You really need to push the colors more - there should be somewhere on the photo that is 100% black, and somewhere that is 100% white.

Also, while the framing is good, it isn't "professional" There is still extrainious material that could be effectively cropped out.

There are many online photography forums where you can get more specific feedback than you can here; I've recently moved to digital, so I post over at the forum section of
    www.dpreview.com

good luck!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Raven Registered Senior Member

I am aware of some of those issues. The photos were scanned and I think something may have been wrong with the scanner as they came out really dark and I had to doctor it up just to get it clearer. I am also shooting with my only lense, a 50mm. Thank you for the imput.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What happened to my post? Now i see, it is with your other post in another thread. You posted the same thread twice.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2003