sex without pleasure

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Quigly, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

Does anyone think that people would have sex if there was no pleasure to either party involved? I don't think it would be an apealing thing to do if neither party was enjoying it. There would be no point in doing this.

So is the very act of sex an indulgence in pleasure? Isn't it always a selfish act for one or more parties? Is there a such thing as making love. Seriously, it comes down to pleasure or reproduction. Do you think 2 people really connect while having sex? Do "soul ties" really exist?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Sometimes there's no connection between people having sex as when you pay a prostitute to "perform' sex with you. He/she will do anything for money and all you are is an object with little interest to them. There are those who only want to have sex to "punish" their partners and hurt them. These people not only hate you but would rather see you dead.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

Sex without pleasure is like work without reward / play. Get it ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. thefountainhed Fully Realized Valued Senior Member

It all depends on your definition of pleasure. Pleasure as a biological/physiological function--i.e. chemical releases in the brain; or pleasure as in a social ideal--i.e. children are a reward because they are a joy to behold, an affirmation of the continuation of your gene pool, will benefit you economically; or pleasure as a psychological function--i.e. they who enjoy solely giving 'pleasure', those who enjoy pain, being pissed on, etc etc. Human sex is far more complicated than the pleasure we get from an orgasm.

8. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Quigly

you raise a very interesting question that is often bandeyed around by many in a context that often does not relate to sex its self
    and rather a concept of the relationship of marriage and sex combined

so are you speaking of sex or relationships that may or may not have sex in them ?

Do you think 2 people really connect while having sex? Do "soul ties" really exist?
    ---
    maybe you could offer your opinion

groove on

9. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

sex with out pleasure
    hard to belive

10. river-wind Valued Senior Member

if we are talking about the physical pleasure of sex itself, I'd say that there would be no humans around to be debating this topic without it.

11. cthulhus slave evil servant Registered Senior Member

I'll agree with river-wind.

if it werent for the pleasure it would quite likly be a rather unpleasent experiance.

12. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

ripleofdeath
    Yeah, Does the "soul" really connect with that person during the act of intercourse? I am sure there are other ways to connect to your partner, but I believe Sex is one of the most influential ways to connect with your partner, but who would want to have sex if it didn't feel good? Most people that have sex with a lot of people are not doing this to rack the numbers up, but because it feels good and fills a part of them up.

Here is the opinion I hold. I believe Sex helps you connect or bring intimacy, closeness, with you and your partner. Sex is a desirable thing to do because it does bring closeness and a certain feeling of love. The question in fact is this :Would a human connect with another human, ie in a marriage relationship.. If sex were not about pleasure. If sex were merely for procreation and nothing else, would you do it? Would you do it sometimes up to days, months, or years before your wife would get pregnant if it didn't have any pleasure involved, but only procreation?

Pleasure has brought about disease, abortion, rape, death, and mental oppression.
    How often do you hear about people getting a disease with their husband or wife when trying to procreate? Not very often. What has pleasure done for anyone, but please a selfish and temporal need. When has sex with someone given you enough pleasure to last 1 year or 6 months? No, pleasure feeds for more pleasure and I do not think it has done anything for us. I believe I could say that life would go on if sex were for procreation alone. What are your opinions. Sorry if it wasn't a fluent thought.

13. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Surely there must be some reward for exchanging all that nasty sweat and bodile fluids....

14. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

the pleasure of sex is a survival mechanism. if there was no pleasure, there's not much of an incentive. So you would basically only have sex to keep the human race alive. :m:

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

method of control

look at the practice of clitorectomy in some african societies. It keeps the woman from enjoying sex, and thus prevents adultery (i guess). BTW, I'm against this!

16. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

Pleasure doesn't necessarily need to be inclusive with sex. Many people have sex out of duty (marriage/religion) and thus are interested in fulfilling expectations.

Anything that becomes boring and repetitive loses all sensation of pleasure. There can be stimlulation without pleasure. If someone is raped anally/vaginally, it is very possible the rapist is experiencing pleasure (in addition to domination/control), but the rapee feels no pleasure, though they are constantly being stimulated.

Fundamentally religious people most likely have a difficult time NOT having sex, e.g. penetration if there is foreplay (pleasure) involved—most likely due to feelings of guilt for using the procreative process for something other than procreating.

For others, giving their partner pleasure is part of the experience. A man who is paralyzed from the waist down can still perform oral sex and thus pleasure his partner, though the man will not experience an orgasm in the classical sense.

Sterile couples that engage in sex do not do so for the purpose of creating new life. Homosexual couples have sex not for making babies, but for the intimacy/pleasure aspect of it.

Two (or more) people connecting is the pleasure aspect, whether that means through sex, foreplay, or just taking a casual stroll around the block.

But just going through the motions never produces pleasure. It dulls the palate and makes things rather distasteful. I think what draws people to sex is the potential for the pleasure aspect, not for the sex part of creating kids. If that were the case, we'd still be back in the Puritanical Society's swimming hole under a sign that said: "Welcome to our OOL. Notice there is no 'P' in it. Please keep it that way."

17. CrimsonMatrix Registered Member

True. Some philosophers beleive that ancient humans could not even equate sex with reproduction, which is where pleasure comes in. Although it comes in long before humans. There had to be a benifit for animals to mate as well, as animals cant determine that sex leads to reproduction either.

cinkcool

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003