The mummy discovered thought to be Nefertiti..

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Mr. Horror, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Mr. Horror Registered Member

Well I was watching the National Geographic channel last night.. and there was some news program on.. I for get the name of it.. But in one story they were saying the mummy thought to be Nefertiti.. could be a male.. I do not no to much about it. so i thought all of you could help me out. any thoughts?

Thanks
    Mr. Horror

edit: lol im not saying nefertit is a male btw.. i'm saying this could be another mummy and not nefertiti as they think..

Last edited: Sep 3, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Or, Nefertiti was the worlds first drag queen?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I just saw a documentary on Discovery today where they were almost certain that the mummy they had found was Nefertiti and they said nothing about it being male. But they said that she might have taken another name after Echnatons death and ruled as a "male" pharao. Now, I totally lost my memory, I can't remember what the name was, it was rather long , beginning with Smek.......anyone?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Bebelina:
    She most certainly was not. She was the fairest bronzed madonna to have ever come out of Egypt where the modern women now look like unibrowed camels.

I saw the documentary. Scientists and Eygyptologist got togehter and brought in all sorts of fancy computer technology, took digital scans and completely re-animated Nerfertiti with graphics.
    She's a woman, about Nerfetiti's age, long necked and high cheekboned as she was and what is striking is that her mummy was found with the right arm folded over her chest.
    The way its ceremonioulsy posed for pharohs.

This ties into the theory that she took up the empire and became Pharoh when her husband died.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Yes, we must have seen the same documentary then, do you remember what her "male" name was?

9. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Bebelina:
    No. And don't care to. Nefertiti is a timeless wonder and to think a woman like that had to assume man's name to assert her power gives me chills.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2003
  10. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Oh, sorry, didn't realize you were so sensitive about it.

11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Smenkhara!

12. SG-N Registered Senior Member

If you meant Smenkhare, I found some informations that would not allow him to be Nefertiti (as his mummy has already been discovered).

13. weebee Registered Senior Member

I think the confusion comes from the fact that she had six children, yet the mummy has narrow hips. The only reason they think the mummy is a woman, is because they can’t see/find the male genitalia. I don’t think the pelvis X rays have been released yet by York Uni. Guess Fletcher’s going to write another book about it all.
    weebee

14. Raha Registered Senior Member

It would be nice if they would find out that it is actually Akhenaton himself!
    Nefertity could not possibly rule after Akhenaton, because she, according what we know by now, disappeared rather mysteriously during Akhenaton's reign and he took another wife. There are some speculations that Nefertity was murdered by her husband.