Ibm Info.

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by Turbine, Mar 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbine Registered Senior Member

Does anyone have a link, or information on what is up with the "Option Blue" project. The last I hear, they were linking together processors (stringing them up), lots of them, in such a way that each would be sharing the workload.They are in effect spreading out, the work to be done. With so many processors working in tandem, this creates more room on each chip to process even more information, at the same time. I heard this called, "Parallelism". Their main problem was memory storage. When you're talking a Trillion computations a second, they need a place to put this stuff. Even with todays technology they were up to 5 refrigerator sized cabinets and still growing. They were thinking of using it to simulate everything that happens during a nuclear explosion. Testing ,without actually doing it. I read a short story about this awhile back. I doubt they want the world to know what's going on as yet, but if anyone has heard anything, I'm curious how they're doing. The prototype was the chess playing monster they created, years ago.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. 666 Registered Senior Member

Well for anything IBM I would first try

www.ibm.com

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.