How/Why do they believe in Rael?

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by SG-N, Aug 18, 2003.

1. SG-N Registered Senior Member

Well, the title is clear : how can someone (that includes pretty women and scientists) believe in this moron?

I didn't put this thread in the religious part because I can understand that some of them are "strong believers" (just addicted) but I want to deal with the main part of the followers : those who should be able to see that Rael is just a guy that takes money and women. What psychological trouble can lead them to follow a moron?

(I hope that the mods are not Raelians...)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Guyute Senior Member Registered Senior Member

Heres a thought......

Good point on the "Addicted" point. I watched a video on the Raelians in school and for a sencod i was almost convinced

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

...(very scary). I think that the Rael's my be legit in there own self-rightiousness, and dont realize how, well, Stupid they sound. I think that the part that most followers find appealing is how they sort of relate bible things to the alien species they worship, and they link it all together. This was the most appealing part to me, until i started to think about how rediclous it was. Also, the followers are taken into this caring envoriment, and promised eternal life. Now come on, that is very inticing. But anyways, mabye the caring and welcoming enviroment is most appealing to depressed people, most of there followers are young, mabye even depressed and to a young depressed person who wants to be accepted this could be a
    "welcome vacation" for them....well, you never know......i am probably gonna be visited be a raelian god and probed tonight

-Guyute

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. These devotees of Rael may have been saddened by inadventitious or even disastrous events in their past. These unfortunate events, if the true cause, must have proven terribly deleterious to their psychological well-being and confidence. Thus it is that we autonomous minds behold these blindly loyal, fully-assimilated disciples.
    Who says they're in the wrong though? I mean, they seem happy, don't they?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SG-N Registered Senior Member

Oh yes, maybe that they are happy... but not as much as Rael

8. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Because being a well educated scientist or good-looking woman unfortunately does not stop people from being lunatics

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What psychological trouble can lead them to this guy.....

Just because some people follow others doesn't mean that they aren't stupid or easily led. Some people need something other than themselves to believe in and that's where the problem starts. Religions around the world rely on these people to lead them into giving them their monies and themselves. Look at Jim Jones and the Jonestown massacre. They believed in him and never doubted him for a second, now they are all dead! Great people that lead others isn't it. This group of people will eventually end up in the news for something going wrong one day also, it's just a matter of time.

10. Robban Registered Senior Member

hehe whoa folks!

You think rael is strange?

Why dont you ask yourself how educated modern people can believe in this:

A man died on a crosss some 2000 years ago is a son of the god
    (but has a mother, brothers AND is decendant in a strait line from David)

Muhammed with his rather policical reveletions are representing a true god.

When you die you go to a place called heaven that is in the sky.

Adam and Eve was the first humans 6000 years ago.

Sex is sinful (but life is devine... )

It is right to kill in the name of god, whatever that one is called.

....... sight... think you get my point

11. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

What people will believe!

Originally posted by Robban
    ----------
    hehe whoa folks! You think rael is strange? Why dont you ask yourself how educated modern people can believe in this:

A man died on a crosss some 2000 years ago is a son of the god
    (but has a mother, brothers AND is decendant in a strait line from David)

Muhammed with his rather policical reveletions are representing a true god.

When you die you go to a place called heaven that is in the sky.

Adam and Eve was the first humans 6000 years ago.

Sex is sinful (but life is devine... )

It is right to kill in the name of god, whatever that one is called.

....... sight... think you get my point.
    ----------
    (Hey, Robban, I liked your post, but I wanted to add some things to it:

This man you speak of who was supposed to have suffered and died on a cross 2000 years ago to save mankind, actually wasn't on the cross at all. Someone stood in for him and said, "Greater love hath no man than he who lays down his life for his friend." While his friend was on a boat with his wife, kids and old Uncle Joseph of Arimathea sailing to the South of France.

Heaven is not someplace in the sky like they said. The kingdom of heaven is "within."

Adam & Eve weren't actually the first humans, but Moses gave names to a couple of apes, and the rest is history.

Mohammad came to teach about peace, while the guy who fled by boat came to bring a sword.

There is nothing said in the Bible about "sex." But by dammit, if you get to "know" someone, you'll go straight to hell.

When God told them to "be fruitful and multiply," he didn't mean with "sex." I guess he meant "cloning." Hey, that means the guy in the boat was cloned since his parents didn't "know" each other.

I hope everyone on sciforums gets "known" tonight!)

12. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

who is this fucker

13. Robban Registered Senior Member

How do you become a certified psycho, certified psycho?

14. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

I would have to agree. I do not see Raelians as any more outrageous than any other religious belief. We are just more familiar with the other religions, so it seems more "normal".

- KitNyx

15. Ghassan Kanafani Mujahid Registered Senior Member

Believe it or not I actually met one and they are very funny peoples . It was in an average place under average circumstances , yet allofasudden I found myself having a discussion with a Rael follower .

First time I heard about them was some years ago , when they actually asked Arik Sharon (Israel PM) to build the embassy in Jerusalem

That killed me enough to read on a bit and I understood their idea was that the aliens will come when there is an embassy for them in Jerusalem .

Ofcourse Arik laughed at them , but it appears they have asked him about 7 times since then and ofcourse with the same result .

My question ofcourse to the deciple ; when will this madness end ? Will the aliens now never come since no zionist PM will allowe them to build a temple in Jerusalem ?

His answer was that if there really is no way out , there will have to be a new location appointed by the aliens for the embassy to be build .

Can you believe these peoples ? lmfao

Anyways it is interesting how they have changed their logo :

As it used to look a bit different :

Its interesting , and I dont know its exact period or cause of development , but in Israel there are all sorts of nutters who are discussing politics with aliens , allthough they do not clone yet .....

Raelians say they have , but as no evidence has been given , it is not like they are the most credivle source on earth ....

Hilarious peoples nevertheless

When God told them to "be fruitful and multiply," he didn't mean with "sex." I guess he meant "cloning."

Aside of the fact that invisible unexisting deity's dont talk , I do not think that cloning is to be regarded positively within the perfect system of life as revealed in the scriptures , based on the fact that there is absolutely no capability for mankind whatsoever to deal emotionally and intellectually with such a situation , to compete with the perfection of the natural system .

The kingdom of heaven is "within."

Where those not the missing biblical scriptures that are supposed to have been Jesus' own writings ?

"The kingdom of God is within you" ......... I believe it was .

16. Robban Registered Senior Member

Do I sense a connection =)

IS-RAEL hehe

17. Quasi Registered Senior Member

Well, Rael, the french guy lures people in with the usual guru crap- free yourself from the conventional, conforming society. He has young people declare their most desired sexual experience, then he gets his followers to comply and please the initiate. He then takes their money, and takes a copy of their genetic code. This is important- if he sells the DNA of his church to a biotech company (the followers give up all rights to their DNA,) he will clean up on patent rights etc. So in the end its nothing more than a financial scam where all he had to do was mash some existing religious/UFO crap together. Not bad, I hear he has three Bentleys.