Electricity

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Mucker, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

The computer/human brain analogy is spot on!

As well as computers having buffers, like our subconscious, they also have counter which is the equivalent to our heartbeat.

The counters in question have an electrical signal that signifies a new 'command': at each signal comes the turn of a counter, i.e. 0001 to 0002, and a new command is fetched and executed by the processor.

These processors are getting faster, thus as the electrical signals become more numerous, more commands can be fetched and executed in the same amount of time: if two signals are sent when there was previously only one, then the speed of the processor has doubled.

If time was objective then there would be a limit to how fast these clocks could go, or how many signals could be sent in a given time. However the number of signals that are being sent are becoming more numerous, thus computers are becoming faster, and I can't really see an end to the speed that the signals can be sent. In practice there must be a limit to the number of signals that can be sent, however theoretically there isn't!

The human brain powers the body by sending out an electrical signal that beats the heart at each signal, thus a heart attack occurs when the electrical system of a person breaks down, or diminishes.

There is no real conclusion here, it was just something that I wanted to post. Having said this it is interesting that an electrical system has been formed in animals. I suppose it's a possibility that electricity in the atmosphere created life, possibly lighting strikes on fauna, however I doubt it! Trees have no symmetry, animals do.

Any thoughts anyone?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. hlreed Registered Senior Member

Here is the data flow of a computer:

memory -> fetch -> decode -> memory
    Memory is filled with program by a human.

Here is the data flow of any living thing:

nature -> sensors -> brain -> motors -> nature

Computer has one sensor, fetch and one motor, decode and no brain.

A computer is a nice machine, but it is not and has no brain.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.