linux secrets

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by dexter, Mar 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

this is directed more towards lynx, but it is some new for everyone...
    being the linux guru that i am, i was very much surprized to find something new out. about linux
    copy and paste was a all time favorite of mine. for windows, itw as the only thing i missed untill now... i was in IRC <irc.xchat.org #linuxonline>
    and we were testing out my friends firewall... abnd he told me to paste the port scan in the IRC window, and i told him there was no copy and paste in linux. then he told me there was...

<b>LEFT CLICK AND HIGHLIGHT THE SELECTED TXT. THEN MIDDLE BUTTON CLICK WERE U WANT TO PASTE IT!</b>

amazing.. isnt it... always learning the lniux guru is... heheh, well jsut thought i would let you all know that incase you didnt already!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

Thanks Linux Guru. This is a UNIX trick that has been inherited.

Speaking of mouse buttons, do you have any idea how to emulate a mouse button with a keyboard-mouse click combination? I'm using an <A HREF="http://www.apple.com/mouse/">Apple Pro Mouse</A> (which is, btw, the best mouse ever made) but it only has one button (actually, it really has zero buttons). Needless to say the people who designed KDE and Gnome were utterly clueless about designing an interface that could support one mouse button. Very poor indeed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

well dave... im not sure. well i know the answer but u must find it, kinda. well i know weere u can get the answer. www.linux.com
    www.redhat.com
    freshmeat.net
    www.penguincomputing.com
    and there are much much more... hm, i might wanna checkk out that mouse, i ahte using my mous, it takes too long to reach all the way over and touch it.....

i am gonna try and create a linux touch screen/keyboard that is the basic concept of a palm, but with a 10 inch flatscreeen monitor, and can hold a real distro of linux, like a full on distro.
    it would be the ideal thinggy for business and fun.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lynx Registered Senior Member

ok

haha, if only you could. Good linux 'secret' but my house only has two buttons!

8. Lynx Registered Senior Member

mouse*, not my house

9. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

correction

<b>dumb ass alert</b>

click ur two buttons at the same time, right in the middle. it simulates the third buton, u need if for E too...

-linux guru dexter

10. Lynx Registered Senior Member

smartass alert!

im not running E oh soo smart linux guru, but it still works and better than the cntrl c and v in windozzz! thanks linux guru for all your help!! if only i would of known how to do that! again thank yoU!

-the dumb ass....

11. dexter ROOT Registered Senior Member

of course, there will be the 20 dollar fine for the information i have given you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.