Robotics : Plz Help Me

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by kiran, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiran Registered Member

Hello Friends,
    This is my first visit to 'Intelligence and machines'.I never knew i ll come here. I have taken phsics, maths and electronics for my graduation.I am in first semester of this course.
    Dept. of Electrnoics in my college recently started 'Robotics club' for students who have taken electronics. In first session I found it quite interesting. I want to study 'robotics' (from scratch).Please help me to know from where to start ?
    do I need to develop my maths and mathematical logic?
    Whats relationship between robotics and AI?
    Please provide any links etc.
    i ll thankful for ur help/support.

kiran.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. warpling Registered Member

BEAM

well, Im a little bit younger and a little dumer

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

so I don't do advanced stuff but some simple fun robots to work on are called BEAM robots. It stands for

Biology
    Electronics
    Asthetics
    Mechanics

A really wonderful book on beam is "Junk Bots, Bug Bots, and Bots on Wheels " check it out here . To see a great parts site, with I have ordered from both, very good places, click here , and here . If this isn't enough and you want more just try out google. I hope is is helpful or at least intersting. Have a good time BEAMing

~Ryan~

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hlreed Registered Senior Member

For the study of robotics you need mathematics, electronics and some mechanical engineering.

AI is software. Robots are software and hardware.

The mathematics you need is Boolean or switching algebra, general algebra and some calculus. You will be working with bits and integers.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. kiran Registered Member

warpling and hlreed
    thanx a million

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

AI is not only software (computer programming/ computer science), but also hardware (computer engineering). Our minds work not only because of the great internal programming that has evolved over the last few million years, but also because of the structure of our brain.

- KitNyx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.