Tired

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Absane, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Lately I have been getting tired for about 2 hours while at work (loading trucks for FedEx Ground). It is the kind of tired like I want to sleep... not that my muscles are tired. I yawn a lot, get very inefficient. I have also lost about 8 pounds in the past week... does anyone know the cause?

I am not sure where this tread would go, I figure this is the best place :bugeye:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

how well do you sleep at night?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Basically it is like this: no matter how much sleep I get, I always wake up feeling the same.. like shit :bugeye: I am always tired...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

You seem like a fella with passion, it's no wonder you get depressed from working at Fed-Ex loading shit with a truck. Do you move alot at work? When I sit still for ten or fifteen minutes without engaging mentally I get dead tired too. I don't lose weight though that sounds more like depression. Maybe you should try to get another job. Personally, I get anxiety from most jobs. If the job involves computers and stuff like that, even if I'm only a clerk standing at a desk hiring out computers at a web-café, it feels okay to work.

8. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

4DHyperCubix
    carbon monoxide/dioxide(sorry i get confused) poisening!
    exaught fumes
    VERY BAD
    residual toxicety of dioxins is a possability
    start eating 1 kilo of good quality tomatos each week
    just mix them into your diet in some way
    they are a good anti oxydent or go to a health food shop and have a chat and find out what are good foods for detoxing
    beatroot is also very good
    stop eating lots of processed sugars
    try and include a salad once a day into your diet and ask your manager to mesure the exaust fumes
    drink a detox tea like green tea one cup before bed will make a difference

those are all the easy things assuming you are not a lazzy person
    good luck

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

diet is also a big possibility note your eating and working habits

groove on

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

the problem is the your suffocating in your sleep, oh god dam it I can remember the name of this disease but you got the symptoms. Do you snore? At night when your sleeping your throat will close up during a snore and you will hold your breath until your forced to breath again, during which time you’re a partially waken up, you never get a good nights sleep as a result.

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

You could also be hyperglycemic....if i recall when you suffer from this you get sleepy and tired......

11. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

12. river-wind Valued Senior Member

if you are suffering from depression, you may also find yourself feeling tired all the time.

Sleep apnea is a possibility, however, I show the same symptoms as a reseult of my active dream cycle - I don't have sleep apnea anymore. I used to when I was a kid, though.

13. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya

i suspect the most basic situation and most potential common cause could be a habitual cycle developing which could be caused through the days activeties and eating times which could compound and an active mind that is not getting challenged as it requires to grow and develop just like the body
    sitting in a chair no new information brain exercise all your life is no good for either example
    mind or body
    looking at the time of the feeling is most important it may be just after eating while the body is digesting food and low on sugar and genral energy or just before
    "hyperglycemic" as sargentlard said could be a component
    sleep apnea is also in epidemic levels across the western world and is compounded through stress and shortened sleep cycles
    as WellCookedFetus mentioned
    depresion as river-wind has mentioned is a possible side effect related to the repeating cycle of the feeling so the more it goes on un-addressed the more possibility of the depresion being more of a factor
    depresion is most often a side effect rather than what most seem to think as a form of sickness that is caught in a passing breeze

hollistic conceptualisation is required to diagnose the situation and is often impossible to gain from visiting a pharmasuitical drug pusher mainstream Doctor

4DHyperCubix
    with all this information i now expect a 1000 word self diagnosis essay on my desk in five days or you dont get a chocolate fish
    and i will send an over-zealouse agony aunt with freudian disfunction to talk to you about coming out as a repressed personality disorder in that you think you are a cardboard box
    full of styrafoam

good luck
    NO running around screaming tape me tape me im loosing my styrafoam chips!
    or wandering aimlesly around asking people if they have seen your packing

groove on

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I have read everyone's reply... thank you all.. .right now I do not have time to reply to them (as I just got off work and I am very tired...

)

1000 word essay, eh? Hmm... maybe two paragraphs? lol

15. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

just adding a little humour

16. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Well, what I think I am going to do is see one of those "sleep doctors." I am not sure how much it costs but I hope it is in my budget. I do not want to be in college and feeling like this.. I find that on some days (maybe once month) I wake up and feel good all day... even if I had 5 hours of sleep. This morning I consciously took some deep breathes when I woke up.. I found they helped me wake up.. .maybe I do have sleep apnea? I mean, I find myself not able to focus and concentrate. Like, most of you might now I like math.. well, I will read a math problem, try solving it.. then I constantly lose my train of thought and it takes me longer to solve it

17. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

vitamins minerals
    allergys
    routines
    learning dissabilities

theres the most common for ya

a sleep clinic is the place to go and that is very expensive i think
    (re: apnea)

groove on good luck

18. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I have tried vitamines before... for a few months actually... they did not "cure" my being tired. I am takin "Coral Calcium." When I first took it, it helped a lot.. .but now I just feel the same.

19. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

4DHyperCubix

vitamins should be used as a form of medication rather than just a normal dietary additive

coral calcium?

what is that used for?

please do not be offended but try and see my example as a basic equation for you to try and look for

if you bang your head against a wall it will hurt
    as you continue it will hurt less
    you may then get other pains relating to the banging
    you can take pain killers that will reduce the pain
    until your body either builds a tollerance to the drug or the head starts to get more extensive dammage

look to your life style/work habbits/eating habits
    food quality those soft of things
    there is never one simple vitamin or drug that cures everything
    unless it is a short term application while you adjust your habbits/health needs to adapt to the real issue/cause

it could be as complicated as many small contributing factors
    to a simple one like a incorrect shoe or bed or a bag worn on the way to and from work or even a new type of coffee served at work

use a process of elimination as you move to a more healthy life style
    once you find the difference then try to adjust to fit what is best for you and what you like

a hollistic view is needed / overview

good luck pm me if you wish any specific stuff

groove on

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I am not really looking for the simple solution, as with complex systems like the human body, usually one will not find one. I just figured a while back that I was not getting enough nutrients, so I took mutlivitamins and ate fruits and things... did not help a thing.

As for the coral calcium, I saw an infomercial about the stuff and how it is much better than ordinary calcium. I did my own research before buying into it. I was not obligated to buy it on TV.. I could even go to Walgreens and by the generic brand. I did that and found it helped for a while...

Oh.. today I saw I weighted 149.6 pounds.. the first time I have seen anything in thr 140 range in a year.. haha.

But, yesterday was a very heavy day for FedEx ground.. boxes coming all over the place, all my doors getting backed-up and jammed... yet, I started to yawn again and wanted to sleep.. damn it. I told my mom, she says it is lack of oxygen... I told her to explain why I get that way when I work at a good pace and always have something to do, she said it is because I am not being challenged... I don't think she understands... I never get bored there.. I have things to think about and do all the time. :bugeye:

21. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

heyya

4DHyperCubix

yawning can indicate a combination of three things in genral

one lack of oxygen
    two auto response to feeling tierd
    three reflex group behaviour of limbic level interaction

and
    four
    poisening that reduces oxygen in the blood that would make you feel tired and make you yawn

are any fumes coming in from the vehicles?

it could also be a colour response to the domminent coulor of the packaging triggering a response in you that you have associated with like red for sleep or green for hospitals stuff like that is not unheard of

has your work load increased much?
    muscles require oxygen to work and to repair

do your packages get sprayed with anything to counter anthrax?
    or any other chemical residue
    does the air conditioning come on at a certain time of the day
    there could be a faulty light flashing in one of your work areas
    what time is it that you feel tired
    you say it is at the same time every day
    what time is that and what have you just been doing?

groove on

22. river-wind Valued Senior Member

in all honesty, the only thing which I have found to be a lasting solution is Qi Gung exersizes. gets the blood moving and the Qi flowing in the morning. Otherwise, I'm tired all day. particularly if I'm just going to work for the day. sit in front of a computer and code for 8 hours.