Creative Neural Networks ?

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by DarkMadMax, Aug 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkMadMax Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Automan Mostly harmless. Registered Senior Member

Everything stated below is my personal opinion.

Met this guy at a conference…

'A bunch of mindless bastards who will be first against the wall when the revolution comes.'
    e.g.
    http://www.imagination-engines.com/applications/linguistics.htm

Patenting gibberish words? Even the suggestion of this is tainted. Why not have his 'imagination engine', 'imagineer' (c) and patent all possible shapes unexploited by fonts/ASCII chars etc as well? Need a new character?, call Steve and make a deal on the price depending on bulk use. I've worked with several ex-defence contractor guys & gals and IMO, they collectively have the morals of one starving rat. As there are things even rats wont do, of course you need lawyers, probably a better career move for him, instead of a disgruntled physicist...

IMHO, this guy may know a little.. but nothing I saw was original, and much of his assertions were gross over statements of what was probably achieved. This is pop-AI crap for investors IMO. I have an A.I. that recently deduced Bach's 90th symphony. I wrote all the code in my own language and on custom hardware. I'm not going to let you listen to it without an NDA, as I must protect my investors. Trust me, I got a doctorate at 20. Of course if you were thinking of investing... This board really should have a vomit smiley :bugeye:

A load of complete dubolicks, oops possibly used a 'patented' word there...

'DEVICE FOR THE AUTONOMOUS GENERATION OF USEFUL INFORMATION..' haha ILMFHO. Crap like this was around years ago, nobody was greedy/vain enough to patent it though. I'm off to patent the manner in which water droplets may fall on Mars due to artificial precipitation. Maybe Calvin should patent his 'transmographier'.

Calm down Automan.

Breath…

nope, something still stinks.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DarkMadMax Registered Senior Member

Well I dont care the wording he uses sometimes ,or how silly patent called .Thing is - His idea imho puts all puzzle tiles of creativity-intelligence-consciousnesse in place .Not only that- he claiming that he actually able to create working nets based on his theory. And his solid portfolio imho adds a good weight.

I read everything on his site ,and damn if what he writes is true - imho AI is already here . Well on problem so far is that he didn't publish exact mechianics of his "creativity machine" and "self training objects" .

But the beauty of the idea itself.... That explains everything - how we learn , how we create ,our mental diseases ,the invention process. His

Think about it - scientific discovery and invention is a process of training our neural nets with facts - we feed information ,examples ,theories in it . And after some critical analysys we make out some workable solutions.

If we take a human and deprive him of any information? -he will be animal! And same with neural nets - training on data , variating it and critical analysis is the process of creativity as far as I understand it. And thats exactly what Thaler's nets do !

And damn every word he said falls exactly on missing puzzle pieces of my understanding of AI .- The thing that our brain maps complex things to simple one ,the way we work out patterns for everything around us - even for cognition and language itself, the way we learn ,the way we express ideas ,the way we imagine and create . I frankly was dismissing NN for some stupid reason -cause I was thinking of NNs as of static pattern recognizers . What Thaler describes is a fantastic thing.

Well only thing that kinda reduces my optimism is surprisingly low amount of noize about this (heck damn if Thaler can built such things , the only question about human equivvalent ai now is processing power ,not software) .And lack of factual publications and explanation of his methodics/theories (At least as far as I could find) .

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

Here is an interesting bit about DARPA's sudden interest in AI. I wonder what they know that we do not? Or, maybe they are just sick of Bush sounding like an idiot...so they want to secretly replace him with a more intelligent puppet (That was a joke).

http://eet.com/printableArticle?doc_id=OEG20030717S0040

- KitNyx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.