Bisexuality is the natural state.

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by ele, Aug 3, 2003.

1. ele Registered Senior Member

Are humans fundamentally bisexual? Do we all go through the stage in adolescencs of not knowing what we like sexually and thinking perhaps we may like other people of our own sex? Can we be conditioned in our responses- for instnace many of the earlier scifi books described sexy women and appropriate main character reactions to them, and if women read them would their responses be ebing comnditioned that way too?

Do we all have concepts o what is feminine and what is masculine- for instance softness and strength? Are we all pulled towards both of these?

do we decide in part through our experience which sexuality we predominantly hold and will live with?

is it easier to be hetrosexual because it doesnt require going outside the normal partner seek mechanisms?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

ele

your question is maybe a little too scarry for allot of people to
    respond to based on what we could define as a majority of norms

those being
    men mostly have other men as their best and most quantity of friends
    and women the same

so when it comes to men and women being friends with a member of the opersite sex it is easy to define an undefined specific yet noticable issue

you could frame that issue on this bassis

do most men and women think it is possible to be friends with a person of the opersite sex without having sexual attraction

and as the potential counter
    you could add
    do self proclaimed homosexual people believe they can be friends with someone of the same sex without sexual attraction

the nature of your question is very simple yet extreemly complicated in its defining terms of valid data

it will be interesting to see how many people respond

groove on

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

Evolution has provided man, mammals and alot of other species with two sexes. Both are needed to produce any offspring. I see this as an overwhelming argument that man is fundamentally hetero-sexual.

I guess you could give no argument but still call man inherently bi-sexual on pure principle. Blahblahblah!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

AndersHermansson
    Evolution has provided man mammals and alot of other species with two sexes
    ---
    no wonder the women are complaining then
    they seem to get nothing in this scenario

and if they were provided in both sexs then that is a suggestion of the offer to fill the want for both sexs

so you are saying man was offered both sexs in types of mammals to choose from
    and he has only chosen .... what?

some species are hermaphrodite
    do you think god just lost interest and was short for time?

here is an argument already
    from you post regardles of you not giving an example to prove your underlying opinion

the majority of the world is religouse
    most religouse people say love should be equal in its aplication to all things regardless of gender or race or species

love is said to be a higher form of relationship between to people
    or intrinsic of the higher nature of humans

err for
    bi-sexuality by way of love for all things
    on a spiritual bassis
    there are many differing examples of what is considered normal sex to what is considered abnormal sex
    and both may look identical in observation

so where does that leave things?

groove on

8. ele Registered Senior Member

Arguments:
    1. personal experience and educational psychology reading on adolescence:
    Many people do have the indecisive experience in adolescence i have read. Mine lasted right up until i was 22 or so.

2.While i dont deny that a man and a woman are naturally able to make children and so get a tick of approval for survival of the human species, i think that the sex drive is inherent and in some people as adults it appears to be inherently towards their own sex, for others inherently towards the opposite sex. the human species then can be attracted as a species to either sex from either sex.

3.In single sex situations it is widely known many same sex partnerships occur, say in prisons. Sexual satisfaction is gained in these partnerships by people who would normally be heterosexual.

4. sex and care are related and sex and love are realted. It helps us to survive if we are cared for by others. It helps us to be close to others. So it could be argued it is survival related to be inherently bisexual. One could even argue that species survival pusheds the balance to heterosexual expression o fthe sex drive if circumstances are suitable, accounting for the predominance (apparently) of heterosexual relationships.

5. How many people could honestly say they have bnever had a semi sexual or sexual or fantasy experience with someoen of the same sex at all. Have never thought about somone of their own sex in the terms of a possible love?

9. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

Yes but now you're confusing love with sex.

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

stop looking at my ass!!!!

just kidding. pardon.

continue your looking now please...... please?

11. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

There's a term called Evolution. This evolution has provided us, all other mammals and most of the other animals with two sexes. Simply because it promotes genetic variance; which is good.

Yes. So?

I don't think nature had religion and spiritual love bi-sexuality in mind when designing us. Most of us are hetero-sexual simply because men can't make babies with other men.

12. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

AndersHermansson

are you a christian?

sounds like the stock standard christian brain washing thought process

and now you are trying to pretend you consider science in some forms
    are you playing the selective scientist game

i gave you an argument by pointing at hermaphodite animals
    and you failed to understand it

i suggested a higher level of intellect of the human mind from a basic type of animal
    you failed to understand it

and yet you say
    "Yes but now you're confusing love with sex"

i only hope i am missing something here
    if i have missinterpreted you then please point it out

groove on

13. ele Registered Senior Member

Hi Andershermannson-
    I dont see why it is wrong to mention love and sex together. I am one of those people who believe the two are intimately related in human beings.

14. Zero Banned Banned

What is this? Some revival of the usual Freudian shit?

15. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

Zero

welcome
    come in
    sit down
    tell me about your mother

16. ele Registered Senior Member

nothing freudian about what i am suggesting. fits with Darwin and evoloution and survival i think. I am just interested in the general rsponse to this question and this argument, which to me seems a logical one.

17. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

Not at all.

Wow, since when did christians start talking about Darwin and Evolution? Put away your pipe, wait a few weeks and when your head is clear again write me a reply

Yea I guess I'm stupid, I'm not seeing any connection to humans and mammals nor any validity as an argument in a simple statement that there exists hermaphroditic animals.

If you want me to understand maybe you have to explain at bit better?

Yes there are higher faculties in the brain that most mammals do not have or have very little of. But the basic design remains the same.

I expressed myself a bit suggestive. My bad.
    Love and sex may be pleasantly combined, but I don't think they are the same. I think sex is nice without love, I think love and sex is nice together and I think love is nice alone.

There are guys I love, that I don't want to have sex with. Girls I don't love but want to have sex with. Actually, for a time, I confused sex for love. I don't think you can be conditioned to be gay or bi-sexual either. The gays I know were brought up like most other people and they're quite normal except they like guys. I don't believe gays are inherently feminine either. That just comes from not being able to identify with other men.

18. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

Me neither. That doesn't mean they are the same though.

19. weebee Registered Senior Member

Hmmm not too sure that the prison evidence is very good. I think there have been some studies that showed a prison inmate still considers themselves heterosexual if they are receiving the blowjob. And once the same sex situation is destroyed (they are released) they don’t continue their ‘bisexuality’. (I can find the citations if your interested)

Humans are self-reflective, and thus I don’t think you can explore a factor like sexuality (homosexual, heterosexual or bisexual) without taking into account culture. For example the argument that humans are heterosexual because only this mix can produce children is not true in our society which offers IVF treatment. In this example our culture is enabling biology to be expanded, passed what some here are calling evolution.

Humans aren’t ‘fundamentally’ or ‘naturally’ anything. Homosapiens are humans because of their interactions with other beings. Again I can’t remember the exact example, but a comparative study of primates showed that how they expressed their sexuality was connected to the density of population and recourses. Which fits that once a group of beings develop social ties they begin to use the act of sex as sexuality to re-form those ties and bonds.

20. Martian Registered Senior Member

the reason

there is always a reason for a phenomena. I'm not sure about this one but if we take a look at the motives of having a sex, there maybe some assumptions coming up

in my opinion human is not too different from the other mammals, we need to reproduce as they do. the responsibilities have been split up (not necessarily, more like different levels of carring ) into the 2 sexes, man cares more about the amount of offsprings whereas woman cares more about the quality.

so when a normal man's seeking a mate he's more likely to choose the one would produce more offsprings (or not likely fail to do so). while a normal woman will possibly choose the one would give their offsprings better qualities.

I think there're much less bisexual man than woman, because for a man another man means almost nothing regarding to sex, but woman would possibly like to produce a offspring with a man and then raise it with another woman

since feminie represents strong nurturing abilities. that might explain why therere more lesbians than gays

21. weebee Registered Senior Member

‘there is always a reason for a phenomena’ , no there may always a cause, or more likely multiple causes, but this does not mean they are ‘reasons’.

There are more lesbians than gays? Personal observation is a wonderful thing but I don’t think the world is flat just because I’ve not seen it from space. All the studies I’ve read indicate that male homosexuals out number female homosexuals, as well as two out of every three guys having had some type of ‘homosexual’ experience, so who’s normal?

22. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

i think Martian
    has a good point about the number of bi-sexual women or gay women as you might choose to define it

it is still seen as socialy acceptable in some societies that 2 women can have sexual relations then have a hetrosexual relationship with no negative conatations on part of the male stereo type percieving the female as being abnormal

to consider the same in reverse the female would not be soo accepting as the male

is the reason for this seated in what
    the safe sex issue is ofcoarse negated by safe sex practices so only panders to fear tactics of ignorance being a norm

weebee
    your statistics applys to both sexs

is a guy kissing another guy a homosexual experience
    would it be considered sexual development for a women in the same situation or homosexual normal or abnormal

we already know more women lie most of the time in surveys about sex based on the socialy accepted value system
    women being virgins and men being rich and with sexual experience
    the comment from one person springs to mind
    "the dumb fumbling guy"
    how often would that be while the girl is lying back doing nothing i shudder to think

it seems soo difficult to get either sexs to honestly answer any questions about this topic

a very difficult topic to find honesty in and leaves allot to guess work

AndersHermansson
    glad to hear you dont use a mentally limiting label to frame your thought
    i have met plenty of self acclaimed christians that use all sciences to prove things they believe in just like all hypocrites regardless of religion
    i also think love and sex are completely different yet connected
    mostly by way of disfunction in the cause and effect interpretive environment of evaluation for these type of discusions
    humans are more than just limbic urges its just an easy way to excuse bad education

groove on

23. KitNyx Registered Senior Member

I have to agree with weebee. I think it is very much a factor of societial programming. The reason there appears to be more bi-sexual or homosexual women then men is simple - it is glorified in todays society. Most men find the idea of two women at once attractive (whether they admit it or not).

Can someone define the question for me? I am thinking about how I want to respond and...well, here's my thoughts...

Being bi-sexual means what? Does it mean that you actively pursue sexual relationships (be them one-night or longer) with both men and women? Or does it mean you can find sexual release/ comfort with either a man or a woman. I coined the word bi-sensual in a previous discussion. Let me define: I would consider a bi-sensual person one that had no qualms about satisfying the needs of our inner social creature with either sex. People like to be held, they like to be touched, they like to share. A person who can enjoy this sharing with either sex would not necessarily be required to be homosexual or bisexual (they may not be sexually atrracted to people of the same sex). The example about the women, I think women are more often bi-sensual and confused as homosexual (usually by men wanting it to be true).

I definitely believe that all people are born bi-sensual, and society teaches (men especially) that this is wrong. We are social creatures and it is absurd that we are afraid to act as such, but what can I say, even I fall prey to the results of this programming.

As far as bi-sexuality goes, I have mixed feelings. I would need to break it down even further. I think all people are born wanting to feel pleasure. If the societial programming is stronger than their need to feel this pleasure then they will never try homosexual acts. If not, then they will do it simply for self-gratitude if the opportunity presents itself. So, if their were a society that encouraged homosexuality (possibly as a remedy to over population), I think both peoples want for pleasure added to the social programming would definitely produce a society with a VERY high percent of homosexuals.

Finally, I think there are people who are born homosexual. These people feel the same responses (embarrassment, insecurity, added sex drive, etc...) when faced with an attractive person of the same sex as hetrosexual people feel when confronted with an attractive person of the opposite race. These people usually feel no attraction at all to the opposite sex (sexual attraction).

The urge to reproduce does not have an effect one way or another unless the person rationalizes that he/she must be a certain way in order to have children or not. Anyway, I need to wrap this up...just sharing some of my thoughs.

- KitNyx