The Master Speed

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by rynner, Mar 4, 2001.

1. rynner Registered Member

The poet Robert Frost was clearly interested in astronomy, but his poem "The Master Speed" seems to me to delve also in relativity theory and quantum mechanics. I note that the poem was published in 1936, one year after the publication of the Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen paradox.

Some of my thoughts on this are in the attached article (the txt file may have lost a little of the formatting, but I hope the gist is clear.

Presumably in the 65 years since the poem was published, other people have noticed these parallels - can anyone give any references?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rosnet Philomorpher Registered Senior Member

Aren't these type of interpretations meaningless? I can inerpret it in a completely different way if I wanted to. Based on something like, say, microbiology, if I had some knowledge of the subject.
    <P>
    I agree that it is equally meaningless to post a reply, but it amuses me to post a reply to the last and oldest thread in this forum, and extraordinarily, one which got no replies.

<P>
    There might be those of you who might argue that since I did this to amuse myself, these interpretations, also being amusing, are worthwhile. Well, I didn't do this solely for amusement. I'm also curious to see what happens. Please don't ask why my cuiriosity has to be satisfied, since I'll be forced to ask what you're doing in a Physics forum if you don't now the answer to that.

<P>
    (It's really tiresome when you can think of a lot of possible arguments against what one says, and feels compelled to answer them in advance).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.