Battlebots...robot wars..et al.

Discussion in 'Intelligence & Machines' started by Wrong Robot, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrong Robot Registered Senior Member

Seems like they aren't really Robots, but more like RC cars with weapons. why do they call them robots then?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

because Robots are a lot cooler than rc-cars.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Also they are a lot more complex that RC cars....even though they their fundamental design and handling comes down to that of a RC car. They are, however, a lot more complex. It seems though their craze has died down significantly.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AntonK Technomage Registered Senior Member

The craze originated in england and came over here. The only shows left are from England (with a VERY got English woman I may add

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

)

My prediction is that in the coming future they will make a resurgence when they are more humanoid and less wimpy. I see more of an Americanized version where the focus isnt on the wrestling style commentators but on the awesome power and destructiveness of them. Forget a little arena...give them a junkyard. Complex robots that can recoup...basically little wars.

Technologically its feasible now...but not financially. It could come to be if it ever got sponsors. Imagine the money of a nascar in a robot?

-AntonK

8. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I cling to battlebots like your uncle clings to disco. If comedy centeral or some other network would get off its sorry rump I would be on it like Clinton on an intern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.