what are the bases in the dating game???

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by AshenLee, Jul 12, 2003.

1. AshenLee Registered Senior Member

Just confused about the bases in the dating game and what is usually deciphered as first, second, third. etc. also and what goes on in that category!
    Thanks
    Ashley

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

forget about all of that. It doesn't matter. Try to connect with your date, and if there is something there just enjoy each other company (which doesn't necessarily mean sex). Don't try to achieve goals. It is pointless, unless the only thing you are after is keeping scores.

No more bases for you, just a long path up the mountain of happiness

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Marigny Registered Senior Member

Depends

I'm sure others after me will reply and tell you the details but
    honestly, it really depends on the chemistry!
    I mean you can go all the way if the girl (depending if you're a guy or swings both ways) is somewhat slutty and loses control and if the girl is virtuous, for example, she will be a harder nut to crack. Probably, a romantic, since most women are, will want the whole 9 yards. Get to know eachother, what are your interests, what do you do, what is your family background, that kind of stuff.
    And if you are a girl and want to know it's the same way. Guys are hornier, in a sense of they think SEX alot, unless of course you have a mamas boy, then maybe he just wants you to cook for him. haha.
    oh god, i hope someone saves me from saying more. lol.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

It seems you guys are missing the point. She did not ask to be persuaded away from sex, or anything else really.

As I interpret it, she wants to know, what I think is commonly referred to as the "bases thing"

I really don't know the details of this, I think the last time I heard about it was, like um, sitting in an 8th grade class room, and the idiot from down the street was talking about it.

But I think it goes something like this. Um, kissing is first base, maybe you have your shirt off at 2nd base, home run or score would be sex, etc..... But I really don't know since "the bases thing" does not interest me (though I'm glad to reply to your post). For all I know, holding hands could be first base, and kissing on the cheek could be 3rd base. Maybe you could find the details on a teenage, or comedy website somewhere.

8. grazzhoppa yawwn Valued Senior Member

It's different for guys and girls, but the general one is:

1st - French kiss

2nd - Feeling up the other person...petting or maybe more... with the *hands*

3rd- Having the other person going down on you

home run...yep sex.

9. machaon Registered Senior Member

A reply

Just confused about the bases in the dating game and what is usually deciphered as first, second, third. etc. also and what goes on in that category!

The bases indicate escalating sexual activity, the HOMERUN being actual intercourse.

10. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

at first i thought this was a silly pointless thread, which it is. but i must admit i'm curious myself. i missed that memo in middle school informing everyone of the "bases".

11. man_of_jade Psychic person Registered Senior Member

Up here in canada its a tad different...

1st: Kissing
    2nd: Touching with clothes
    3nd: Touching past/without clothes
    Home: Obvious

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!