It's OK . . . really, it is!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Redoubtable, Jul 11, 2003.

1. It's okay to keep it in the family
    That's right, comrades! Marrying into the family isn't as hereditarily detrimental as we once thought.
    We've all been grievously and regrettably misled by our intuition.
    The forseeably disadvantageous effects are "minimal."
    You didn't misread me, comrade, "MINIMAL"!

"It has always been considered a bad thing to do - marry within the family - but in actual fact the risks are minimal and no one actually realises that outcomes are not that bad," [Katrina Port] said.
    "They keep wealth in the family, the relationships are better and stronger because your future mother-in-law is your aunty --"

This
    is just the type of relationship for which I've secretly pined over these long, hard years of nonincestuous lovemaking.

I always knew that weird feeling of revulsion I experienced whenever I envisioned my close relatives naked was a vapid fancy and a fetter to my true, inner, sex-voracious beast!

You know what that means! *Raises and Lowers Eyebrows Suggestively, like Quagmire, from Family Guy*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But seriously . . .
    Ms Port said if couples with a hereditary recessive condition sought counselling before the pregnancy, many of the risks could be avoided.

Well . . . what if the given couple is utterly nescient of the fact that they both carry the recessive condition and that their offspring could be born into the world with a congenital disorder, which would suck prodigiously . . .

. . .considering that a normal life without the unnecessary onus of a hereditary disorder is pretty noxious all on its own.

"I guess people bring with them their own culture, and part of my job is to honour that and be culturally sensitive to these people as well as offer them the best possible healthcare I can." (Katrina Port)

I guess so too.

However, I question the tenabilty, and even the sanity, of any tradition or cultural precept that inspires "first cousins" to get hitched . . . seeing that their kids could pop out as severely retarded, or mortally ailing victims of their parent's rashness and folly.
    As for "keeping the money in the family," is anyone that parsimonious, that penny-pinching, or that idiotic?

To risk the health of posterity . . . seems like a haphazard way to go about protecting ye olde patrimony.

Maybe its a bizarre form of familial pride.
    Lol . . . you all know what Aesop said about that!

"Pride cometh before the damnable congenital disease"

Ms Port believes the number of consanguineous couples in Australia will increase.

Hmmmm, I'd have anticipated that our era of ubiquitous, octupus-like mass-media would have put an end to this . . . this . . . incest!

I mean, you know, comrades, with increased communication, a thing which our "Brave New World" epitomizes, dialects and other antiquities like this "culture" stuff are disappearing real quick-like.

Maybe we should send some tv-sets over to those backwater locales. I think a strong, caustic, putrid dose of MTV and the Communist News Network will fix them all up real nice-like.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2003
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

Well, marrying your brother or sister means you wouldn't have to tolerate obnoxious in-laws.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

Charming! If only I had a brother to fuck.
    Oh, the perils and pitfalls of being an only child.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.