tidying one's room

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by daydream_believer, Jul 11, 2003.

1. daydream_believer Et in Arcadia Ego Registered Senior Member

i really like tidying my room. I really do. I like cleaning it and reorganising the things within and I really like clearing out rubbish in it. As i'm a teenager (14), this seems very wrong. But I like to keep things clean and nice. on the other hand, I detest school work and never do it, so I guess that part of teenagerness is still there. Maybe i'm deranged? Does anyone else like tidying? Oooh, gotta go, my socks need refolding and I haven't vacuumed for 1/2 an hour. *giggles*

P.S. - I'm fully aware of just how trivial this is, but it's not hurting anyone so it's all groovy. *runs off skipping and smiling and singing*

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clarentavious Person Registered Senior Member

I myself am very big on organizing my room. I don't like to have anything in it that I don't want or need. Of course, I'm a perfectionist in general, I would guess that contributes to it some. I am 21 years old, I'm not sure age plays much of a factor. I think it is a rather dandy trait actually.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DrNeroCF Werecat Registered Senior Member

i say we start posting pics of our rooms so I can show how bad mine is (and I been cleaning it, too), heh...but its your call, believer

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. New Life Registered Senior Member

you're not weird, I've got one friend who is so organized and neat that she has her books in alphabetical order, always has. Its kinda nice when we hang out cause there's no mess to worry about

8. YES, yes, you are deranged, I tell you! What your doing is a perversion, a transgression against humanity, a blasphemy, an abomination, I tell you! Damn you! Damn you to Hell! Arrghhh!

9. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

clarentavious i was thinking of you all while reading that post. figures you'd be the first one to reply..

..uh oh.. where'd the mouse go... -sesrches around the 8 cups sitting on her desk- ah! here it is. under this pile of - nope just anouther cup knocked over... oh well.. back to tabbing i guess.... i just hope one day i stumble upon the tv remote again..

10. daydream_believer Et in Arcadia Ego Registered Senior Member

alphabetical ordering

My books, cds, dvds and videos are all alphabetacised too. It amkes it easier to find things. Then again, maybe it's a bit creepy that cxlothes are in alphabetical colour order, even my socks and underwear. Oh well, it's better than spending all my time plotting to gun doiwn my school mates.

11. Fafnir665 You just got served. Registered Senior Member

Organized Books, Organized movies, fuck everything else

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. CharleeB Registered Senior Member

I don't care about alphabetising everything, but I can't stand clutter. Every so often I go nuts and put everything I'm not going to need for X amount of weeks in bin bags and storage containers. I would really like someone to rank this on a 1-10 scale of weirdness.

13. daydream_believer Et in Arcadia Ego Registered Senior Member

1-10

On a scale of one to ten, one being low (say, just really likng a tv show) 10 being highest (eg. spending one's life in Lord of the Rings devotion, in a Lord of the rings colony, speaking elvish), i give you a three. so you'rew okay. over 5 is a worry though.

14. CharleeB Registered Senior Member

I'm happy with that, it's always so nice to talk to people weirder that I am. My mother was practically ready to diagnose my with OCD!

15. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

For me there is no point in tidying me room.
    if i clean it up the next day it will me messy all over again.:m:

16. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

daydream_believer
    you sound like a bit of a groover

the thought of having my apartment in a state of complete order
    truely scares me at the thought of nothing to do if i get realy realy bored
    although i take it to another step of trying to arrange my furniture in my apartment to a point that truely alarms people on thier next visit
    it keeps things interesting and humurous
    and i enjoy watching them try to look for the chair they last sat in
    if you had plants would you arrange them in latin or english name or caloquelism order of aphabetisation
    or alpha by colour
    or species
    why not use the rainbow to create the order of your colours

17. DrNeroCF Werecat Registered Senior Member

I cleaned my room awhile back, looked weird...three days later it was all better...now my parents want it clean again...ick

18. AndersHermansson Registered Senior Member

If tidying your room is the only thing you feel confident about maybe you're afraid of trying and failing with more important things.

19. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

AndersHermansson

so now you have made your house of cards and then pushed it over
    do you think you actualy achived anything

constructive activety should not be over analised
    unless there is something else to do

are you offering to take us all out to the movies or something like that?

can i have some chocolate icecream and some popcorn to dip in it
    and a packet of jaffas to throw at the screen and roll down the isles in the romantic heart wrenching suspense moments

snifters can be better because they roll in different directions and are difficult to find the origin of departure from the packet

Last edited: Jul 12, 2003
  20. New Life Registered Senior Member

wow, my mom would love it if I did that, she's constantly putting boxes by my door and telling me to do that!

21. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

CharleeB

we live in seasons
    so nothing abnormal about recognising that
    if people could afford the time and money i would imagine they would re-decorate for each season.

what i use to do but not any more
    i would devide my clothes into seasonal fashion groups and then arrange by colour and style sequence
    maybe you could read about that fen sh-wei thing

New Life
    draw a big smiley face on one of the boxes and leave it by your mums bedroom door

and the next time you notice her a bit down put it on your head and tell her your feeling so disorganised youve put yourself in a box and you will be sitting in a storage room for a few days

22. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

As long as the first sargeant's happy.

23. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

cleaning never lasts. if i put things away then i have to go searching for where i put them and everyhing is ripped apart again. repeat.