This is Crazy!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mucker, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else noticed the increase in child abductions, in recent times?? It's just madness! How can people do this??

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Is there a statistical increase, or is the media coverage more intense?

:m: Peace.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

for some reason the media only focus on some kids
    i read that thousands of kids get kidnapped every year
    i wonder why hmm....

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

The amount of child abductions is actually on the decline, the media just needed something new to sensationlize. It's called Flak. Read some Chomsky--I recommend "The Propaganda Model."

8. plasticwingsmelting Banned Banned

I was abducted once...

Now they all laugh at me. We'll see who's laughing when they come back for the rest! BWAHAHAHA

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Well the sensational jurnalism actually helped one of the kids get rescued. After constant barage of Child abduction reporting of Jessica..(I think that is her name) she was found because one man recognized her from constantly being on TV.

10. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Says goofy:
    Agreed. Remember the shark phenomena? Please.
    Same thing with the Taliban. You american fuckers just can't believe there is actully vile oppression in the world until its flashing bright red on Nightline. I'd bet a cool 10 buckos that half of America had no clue sharks actually live in oceans before Katie Couric let them in on it.

11. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

it's the amber alert system. they're supposed to advertise the hell out of child abductions by use of tv, radio and billboard ads. but have you noticed that all the amber alerts have been about cute little white princesses?

12. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I recall one case where the child was black, and I believe that she was found maybe days or hours after the alert went out. There are probably other cases like this, they just haven't been reported or have recieved little attention. Little white princesses do a lot better for ratings. That's probably the reason for such a misconception.