"I'll probably never retire."

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by fadingCaptain, Jul 10, 2003.

1. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

The statement that I hate the absolute most yet hear quite often.

"I'll probably never retire."

or

"I don't know what I would do if I didn't need to work"

You what I am talking about. All these people that say they would be bored stiff if it wasn't for work. They say they will have to find some work to do after retirement because they will be bored.

These people need to get a f'n life! If you are not working, you can do whatever you want! Are you that incredibly lame that you cannot figure out how to do something you enjoy? Are you so brainwashed that you think you have to be working at some worthless job to be productive? I hate these people!

*Note: I wouldn't normally get fired up, but some idiot just said this to me this morning at work.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I sometimes have a hard time believing that when people say that they wouldn't konw that to do if they didn't work. They usually enjoy their job, or have poor social skills. I am on summer vacation from school right now, and I have loads of stuff to do and I enjoy being "retired" much more than "work" or school. Once those people retire, then they get the idea of how good it is after they have done so.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

Yes, i understand what you are saying.
    ITs a bit like the deputy lab manager at work, who spends far too much time at work, phones at the weekend to check everything is going alright, and the joke goes that he comes in to cover himself when hes on holiday. Yet he complains about being worked too hard, spending too much time at work etc. (although the work wouldnt get done if he didnt do it.)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

We have a TSgt. in our shop like that.