Italia

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Tyler, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Buon Journo! Ciao! Prego! Per Favore! And all the other broken, conversational Italian I've learned!

Greetings sciforums from the capitol of the world - Rome. Never let anyone tell you Tokyo or New York are the capital. Never. For one, there is so much ancient shite in the middle of Rome that I can't help but feel I am where the world started (yes yes I know it didnt, dont bother pointing that out). I cannot help but feel I am in the worlds mosti mportant city. And you know what helps that feeling? Romans think it too!

If there is one thing I have learned about Italy, it is the Italians need to chill the fuck out. They only wear pants in burning weather, they literally abuse and attack random women in the streets, and they have way too many Nazis. There are swastikas and white supremist signs allllllllllllllll over Rome! Italians need to chill. And stop thinking they're so important.

But! But! At least they are not Germans! If Italians and I have anything truly in common (beside a love for Rome), it's a HAAAAAAAAATE for German tourists. Never in my life have I met such incompetently snobbish, egotistical and arrogant assholes in my life. Germans walk up to anyone on the street and expect you to speak German, they literally took their water bottles at Spagna and soaked other tourists while trying to attack each other. THen proceeded to yell at hte pople they soaked. And you know what, it's just the German youth. The older folk seem just fine, but the teenagers are ltite shit disturbers. Americans may be arrogant abroad, but they aren't as disturbing as the Germans. Americans believe everyone respects them. Germans don't seem able to understand the concept that everyone doesn't worship them.

Anyway, Italy is gorgeous. Italy is home. Italy is home. I can't stress that enough. Women here are disgustingly gorgeous. The men are ludicrously aggressive with our women, but they still are the most stylish mother fuckers on the planet.

The best part of this trip besides Italy is the social structures. I'll explain everything when I get home in detail, but I have a girlfriend at home, and it's fucked up because for absolutely no reason at all, half - ltierally half - of the girls on this trip ahve chosen me as their target. Which is fucked because usually when I want women I get few. Now I'm having to be as much of an ass as I can - which is a HUUUUUUUUUGe motherfucker of an ass - and I still have women literally following me around Rome.

Anyway, I don't want to sound too egotistical, so I'll leave it at that. Rome is fucked. The group mentality is fucked. And because of that - I feel right at home.

Talk to you guys later,
    Tyler

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Alright, well I just got myself another half hour on this mother, so let's spend some time explaining my social situation. Here are the interesting folk on my trip...

Connor. Only way I can sum it up is saying 'Metalhead-Tyler'. Me and him are very similar, have very similar interests and mentalities on issues, and what pisses us off. He's my roommate along with...

Mike. Mike goes to my school, where is a quite, slightly funny young man. In Rome - he's almost as fucked up as me and Connor, and equally as hilarious! New found respect for the kid.

Nameless Girl1 (I really don't want to deal with the possible reprucussions of this girl, so I'll just call her Dan). She has literally been the most disturbing individual I know in terms of liking people. Her main focus has been Connor, but she's touched base with every guy on the trip. And When I say touch base, I mean she'll STARE at you for 4 minutes - no exagerattion. It's sickening and makes me actually want to punch myself.

Anne. Odd little girl. She seems to be musically intelligent, even more appreciative of Italy than most others on the trip. but then she's just a complete moron. She has walked into our closet twice. the funny thing is, she was aiming for a different door way both times. Anyway, simply I think because I spent a whoel afternoon earlier showing her around Rome, she has taken a shinning to me.

Jap1. For some reason apparently she truly and deeply wants me. Which is fucked up, because japs and I hate each other. That is an eternal truth.

Jap2. Foil character to Jap1, she seems to be trying to get me simply as part of competition.

Sasha. Ridiculously similar to a girl I use to know. Connor and I have spent the last week trying to figure her out, and now that we have a nwe realization, it's slightly sad. Remembre when you were that young kid in the group, trying to fit in and be just as cool as you thought the others were? We think she may have that feeling towards us (despite benig my age). It sucks for us, because we never actually thought of her that way.

The JapSquad. A grouping of girls including THE BEHEMETH - a beast of disturbing behemethian qualities. Two of the girls in this group - of all girls - act odd around me, and it's starting to make me pissed off. Anyway, Jap1,2 belong to this group of course. Jap1 is their queen. Another one is wrestling for that title though. I'm hoping an all out war starts.

The Preps. This is fucked up. Three girls, five guys. I thought they would be the kind to have the attitude of 'too-good-for-you'. Know what's fucked up? They fear, respect and look up to me and Connor. Literally. They have said it. And they act like such little geeks around us. It's hilarious. In a school setting they would hate me, but for some reason in Rome - perhaps its because of the attention connor and I have gotten - they actually respect and fear us. Machiavelli was right.

Teh Drunks. Four guys before us who are your classic nerdy, loser drinkers. Hi-larious.

Example of the fucked upness of this trp... This morning in class I am sitting at a table with my teacher, Mike, Jap1, Jap2, Sasha and this prep girl Carol. Sasha is staring at me very sporadiaclly, my teacher is basically asking me to give a monologue, Mike is hilarious, Jap1 is staring at me and actually giving me credit for her work (which I barely helped her with), Jap2 is rubbing my leg and leaning on me and Carol won't actually stop smiling at me. I just don't understand how this has happened.

Anyway, in two weeks more fucked up shite has happened in this little group than I generally see all year at school, and it's the most enteratining thing in the world. Girls want me. I mean what the fuck? And not just one little ugly one. It's really confusing and it took me a week to accept that Jap1 alone did. And you know what's great? I'm just along for the ride. Every new thing that's popped up and every little fucked up change insocial structure has made everyone else change how they act - but I've just been me 100% of the time, and all my problems seem to be sorting themselves out. In fact, if there's one thing I've learned since I've been here, is that I'm just along for the ride in life period. Problems come and problems go. Things don't truly stop being things until you stop thinking about them, but that happens with everything. And as long as I just keep in mind not to change who I am or how I act to suit other people, I'm going to do just fine. I have a 97%, at least three girls who want to sleep with me (as little as I want to be with them), and a wicked situation with friends here - and all because I have not changed a single word from what I would naturally say. I'm along for the ride here, and fuck is it an entertaining little ride!

I have loved every second of being here, and am morbidly depressed that I will have to come home. The only thing keeping me from nearly crying at leaving Italy is the idea that I will see both my girlfriend and my family. Anyway, I'll probably check sciforusm again in the next 3-4 days. So I hope you're all having a kick ass july, and I hope I haven't come off as too egotistical an asshole so far in this. I'm not the type of guy to think women like me, and these things have taken heavy convincing. Still, we'll see how shite goes down.

Later all

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jerrek Registered Senior Member

When I was in Italy, I realized a few things. One, the women are loud, two, things are expensive as hell, and three, their pizzas are severely lacking.

Rome was cool... I'll agree with you there. Milano was also cool, but Venice was something completely different. It has a different culture to it. So many great people lived or came from Venice... *sigh* I wouldn't want to live there, but it made an interesting holiday.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Sounds interesting man. You make me want to go to Italy more and more all the time, although, it will likely be quite awhile before I can go. Damn the castes!

8. moving Registered Senior Member

Just got back from Torino. Bella. No heavy women there.

9. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Very entertaining and interesting read.....and usually i just skip the long posts but this one was quite amusing.

10. orthogonal Registered Senior Member

Caro Tyler,

It's great to hear that you're enjoying Italia! If you have the time, I'd recommend that you head over to the northern lakes region (Orta, Como, Maggiore, etc.) just west of Milano. Laggo Maggiore is my favorite (well, my wife comes from there...near the town of Novara). It's a beautiful place to be at this time of year; a vast gleaming lake with snow-capped Alps to the north surrounded by charming, lakeside towns (Stressa, Arona, etc.).

BTW, they grow arborio rice here and make wonderful risotto (known as "risalt" in the local dialect) from it. It's a creamy, saffron flavored dish that's made several different ways. I prefer it with mushrooms, but you can have it with beans, cabbage, or even with strawberries. Don't miss the risotto!

I agree with you about the women; especially the northern blond Italians...Mio Dio!

Hope you and your friends continue to have a great time.

Ciao e buona fortuna,
    Michael

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Jerrek, dude, the pizza here is so many millions of light years better than the pizza back home. I guess you just prefer North American style, but I WAYYYYYY prefer Italapizza.

Pollux, man - take any chance you can to get here.

Sargent - cool, wait till you hear the developements I'll have soon!

Michael - Mike, I can't tell you how good it is to see your name under my thread again. I'm more than excited to know that you understand my experiences in Italy! I'm in Siena right now, and I can safely say it's the most beautiful little town I've been to. Last night it rained for three hours and I sat on the roof out of my hotel room. Then we went down to piazza del campo and watched the Italian Orchestra do Hungarian Rhapsody. Magnificent, to say the least. Anyway, I hope sciforums is staying afloat!

Thanks all, and I'll give more details later,

Tyler

Ciao, e bene, belle, periodosi

12. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Damn...and I thought I had a good time at the Stampede last night.

Now before I give you some tips, lemme just say this: Japanese chicks are the hottest creatures on Earth. You'd be wise to let them have you.

Anyways, I think I've already written this on sciforums, but the best way to drive an Italian (even the bravest) run home crying is to call them an "earth person" en Italian...which I can't recall the proper term for. And Germans -- Call 'em a 'Beefke' (accent on the last e) and they might not run away, but you will get kicked in the nuts for it. The word basically sums up what you think about them in a single wallop and forces them to be insulted by it (normally they're proud of their snobbishness). Be warned, though that you will get your ass kicked. But always remember, it's worth the pain when you bring a German back to Earth.

And lastly, the best thing you can go home with, (besides the wild experiences) is a good Italian suit. You'd be hard pressed to find one in Cowtown. Or even Toronto.