Sciforums convention.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by DarkEyedBeauty, Jul 9, 2003.

1. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

What do you think would happen if sci-forums ever hosted a convention? I can just imagine that it would be asking for trouble. But seriously...

Who do you think would get into a fist fight and end up arrested?
    Who would skip the whole thing?
    Who would make a brief appearance and leave disappointed?
    Who would show up late?
    Who would hook up at the hotel later?
    Who would realize that their devout enemy is actually more like them than they thought?
    Who would turn up to be the liar of the bunch, being nothing like he/she claimed?

I have a feeling that it would be soap-opera-episode-worthy.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spookz Banned Banned

Who would hook up at the hotel later?

you and me babe

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xenu BBS Whore Registered Senior Member

Everyone.

My place.

Tomorrow night.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

I'd come armed, if at all.

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

9. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

What are some possible venues? I bet just like any other convention, the men will all suspiciously hover in a corner, and the women will greet each other with a hug! Works for me!

10. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Hey send me a plane ticket and i'll show up in my birthday suit doing the samba.

11. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

We were actually going to meet in NYC, a few of us, the thread is probably floating around in site feedback still, but it kinda fell apart. I found out that I wasn't going over thanksgiving, and I hate to sound like a major, major asshole when I say this, but I was the one who set the date, even if I did none of the planning, and when I said that I couldn't make it I think everyone said "ah just screw it."

I'm really sorry about that guys, whenever I think about that I feel like I let you down [think it was strgrl, Pine_Net, Congrats...?]. It was out of my control.

I'd go to one if I could, but, christ, I doubt that I could make it.

12. Porfiry Nomad Registered Senior Member

And miss an opportunity to observe in the wild my test animals... (cough)I mean assuredly autonomous members of the sciforums community? :bugeye: I'll be the one in the white labcoat behind the potted plant with the notebook.

13. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Just like prom ehh Porfiry

.......If you need a assistant i can help...i'll bring my own labcoat and pad and we can laugh..er...i mean observe the sciforum members together.

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I would probably show up late and never say a word. I am not shy online... the computer is my friend... Owwwwww

Well, I get out.... maybe someone would want to play me in some billiards? I break...

15. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

I guess that I would probably surprise you all. Only about 5% of you would ever even see me. I'm very quick, and pretty shy when it comes to crowds. I would probably be ruining something at the party. Maybe the one pranking the hotel security...possibly spiking punch....maybe even spreading rumours of crab infected toilet seats. I tend to enjoy ruining social events. (I ripped the head off a styrofoam swan at my junior homecoming...and from there on everyone proceeded to knock down all the pillars and gazebos....I'm a troublemaker.)

16. spookz Banned Banned

dont care. i would love to have my life ruined by you. wanna post a pic in this thread?

17. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

I'd be the life of the party! Every gathering needs a loud drunk!

18. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Hey!

I was planning on being the loud drunk

Thats my thing that I do!

19. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

and hey, we could wear digital radio tags which would upload our positions 50 times per second of course we'd have to have a data structure on sciforums to hold the Tag ID/Person ID reference table, downloadable to our wired PDAs so we could snipe each other really really easy!

20. ripleofdeath Registered Senior Member

if we are booking stereotypes can i be the one that gets all the till
    takings and speeds off in the stolen sportscar that no one misses and the drop dead georges women who also has a great personality with an I.Q to rival ? ... well me ofcoarse

ok well at least double digits on the I.Q level then if you cant find a women whos completely crazzy and can just manage to tie my shoe laces
    it seems to stop me from tripping over most when most of them are tied mostly

and if its going to be a costume party i have to be able to wear something that can fit over my strait jacket
    will the walls have cusions on them like my room?
    whos going to let me out so i can catch a greyhound to make horses
    so i can ride a ticket to the place with the flashy lights?

21. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Wes has the right idea. We can find the guy that called user abc123 a "fucktard." However, this time it will not be an online flame war.

22. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

fist fight and end up arrested? fafnir. ... who knows why. who knows with whom...
    Who would skip the whole thing? tiassa
    Who would make a brief appearance and leave disappointed? spookz
    Who would show up late? i would. im always late.
    Who would hook up at the hotel later? i would say pumpkins and pollux but im not sure if she's still around.. and adam is gone, so no adam/bebe hookup....sooo....i nominate asguard. im not sure with who.. but.. its just in his nature.
    Who would realize that their devout enemy is actually more like them than they thought? i dont know who, but the "enemy" would have to be goofyfish.. lol.
    Who would turn up to be the liar of the bunch, being nothing like he/she claimed? most of the members that stay around long enough to be noticed seem pretty straight forward and beleivable.. bit if i had to choose... id say tyler.

23. I'd play you, comrade.

I believe I would rather enjoy meeting Xev and Pollux in the flesh.