reading bottom to top

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by dribbler, Jul 7, 2003.

1. dribbler Banned Banned

does anyone find that when scanning a page/catalog/newspaper they scan from bottom to top? i find that this allows for me to more easily interpret the page and pick out what i am looking for.

secondly, can this be detrminetal to my learning?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Ectropic Registered Senior Member

I can't imagine it's bad for you, but I don't see the advantage. Are you talking about web pages too? I guess that if you are reading through a best buy ad or a catalog you will have an identical experience, and I would say the intended flow designed by the designer would work backwards too, but more often than not I would say you are at a disadvantage.

Is it easier for you to scan this way because it lets you look in a different way and you notice things you didn't notice before?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. dribbler Banned Banned

i notice things better. however i do not comprehend when it is an article.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. dribbler Banned Banned

i am trying to read it all ways possible to see if there is any other meaning than the intended one.

8. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

you do this too???!? i didn't know other people did this. i always chalked it up to my different ways of doing things due to a variety of learning (dis)abilities. i always read things backwards or from the bottom. i read books and magazines starting at the back. i read lists from the bottom. i don't see anything wrong with it. it's just one of those things that makes me different and special

9. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

My goodness..... this is funny....