my theory

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by dribbler, Jul 7, 2003.

1. dribbler Banned Banned

fear is a result of hesitation and hesitation causes your worst fears to come true.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I find that hesitation relieves my fears

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The longer I wait, the more relaxed I get... then I can attack.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

Only in situations where the party on which you hesitated is in a moving state as well. (The other party being a person, a job opportunity, a hot meal even.)

I would say, though, that hesitation is more often a result of fear. But hesitation increases that fear. Because fear is something that is thrives on time, the more you give it, the bigger and more powerful it gets.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I personally believe fear is caused by the possibility of losing something you care about.

Examples: You fear for someones life because you care for them
    You fear going up on stage because you think you'll lose your dignity, pride, respect, etc
    You fear *insert anything that can kill you here* because you don't want to lose your own life.

It's a little rusty but it makes sense

8. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

No.

Fear is fear, it can result in hesitation (which could possibly cause it) and that can cause your worst fears to come true. It can also result in bad decisions, suicide, a variety of disorders... etc. It can also be caused by a gazillion things. Your worst fears can also come true from a gazillion different things.

9. dribbler Banned Banned

if you hesitate it is because of fear and that is the initail cause of the hesitation i the first place.

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Not necessarily, but okay. Didn't I just say that? That's not what you said above.
    Uhm, you need to work on it a little. You just said "I hesitate because of fear because I hesitated". That's somewhat circular don't you think?

11. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

So in your theory where does hesitation come from.....fear maybe.

12. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Philosophy from the Hundred Acre Wood

I'm with Piglet on the old Winnie-the-Pooh Saturday morning show: "My worst fear is coming face-to-face with my worst fear."

13. HYPERBAND Registered Senior Member

Is not Hesitation part of that old Fight or Flight mechanism?
    That brief moment of indecision that determines the outcome of a situation. Although I have found that the fears that cause hesitation are normally due to stupid crap we were programed with as children. So your theory holds true those afraid to fail normally will.

14. dribbler Banned Banned

its cyclical.