Pool of Ideas

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Clockwood, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Have any ideas that you have no hope of ever using but that someone else might have a use for? Yes? Then post them here. Commercial product ideas, concepts for works of art, technology you thought up but have no clue how to build. Even mean-spirited pranks and plans for world takeover are welcome.

Think aloud and go crazy. Maybe you will get lucky and see some idea you can use.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Edible guns....shoot away and hide the evidence.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

on the gun theme:

guns that explode in the hand, when aimed at human beings while pressing the trigger.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. everneo Re-searcher Registered Senior Member

hot smoking gun is still the best evidence.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Mucker Great View! Registered Senior Member

I thought that was a good one too

Why should we post any ideas when other people can make money out of them?? I'd prefer to keep it to myself and just see if any one else comes up with it, rather than just giving away money!

9. Qiothus II Majikal Man Registered Senior Member

The Portable Hole

Not in a cartoon fashion, rather as a little wormhole that you can carry in your pocket--roughly the size of a cell phone. It would be a device comprised of two components: an always open gate station in the desired location (i.e. the second floor, the office, the kitchen, etc.), and the portable device itself. The gate remains open to avoid being trapped in limbo, while the portable device opens the other side of the gate and closes when the device is inside.

I realize that such technology has yet to make its way into existence here on earth, although it would make my life a hole lot easier.

10. dribbler Banned Banned

taco bell delivery

11. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I thought there were more replies to this.. I can even SWEAR I replied to this post about fiber optic technology... maybe my account is messed up or something deleted some posts....

James SIbley

12. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I've got this neat idea... its called the wheel. What, its allready been done? Howabout fire? That too?

Howabout this one. A lot of people let their carpet get so disgusting it isn't even funny. What you do is plant some seed and water the carpet. Soon you are walking on indoor sod.

Suction cups on the back of a child's overalls. If they are running around too much you can just stick them to the wall.

Swiss-army-knife style prosthetic limbs. Build a watch, palm pilot, cell-phone, and the like right into it. May as well make the best of a bad situation.

This one is for women (and statistically some men). To keep from being robbed keep a trained ferret to live in your purse and bite a pickpocket's hand. Or if you are really hard-up you could keep a wallet in your cleavage.

Genetically engineer some sort of meatlike-product that grows as a fruit.

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

How about human muscle implants? I can use a six-pack...

14. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Adopt A NUke...

During the 80s, at the end of the Cold War, the cost of maintaining a nuclear arsenal was an issue that was raised repeatedly. One idea to reduce costs was the MX missile, a "cheap li'l nuke" with but one warhead which would be launched from either railcars or a big truck, to avoid costly (and futile, from a defesnsive viewpoint) silos...

My idea was "Adopt A Nuke"...
    Noble, Patriotic towns, businesses, civic organizations, and private donors could contribute to maintaining an individual Nuclear Missile Battery facility, submarine, or bomber...
    The bombs & missiles themselves would have stylish plaques hung on & about them declaring with pride -
    "This Nuke Adopted By Hackensack, NJ Rotary Club" - or some such...

Alas... The USSR fell away into the bin of hietorical "also rans", and the fledgling "Adopt A Nuke" program was scrapped along with a good portion of these forgotten saviors of Democracy...

15. machaon Registered Senior Member

16. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Minature animals by the miracle of genetic engineering. I mean REALLY minature. Imagine going on safari in your back yard. Even the elephants are only knee-high.

Howabout a fish-tank filled with 4" long blue whales?

17. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

A Star-Trek type transporter which would eliminate the need for automated transportation. I really need this one.

18. dribbler Banned Banned

i agree, i posted the thing about TB Delivery and then it was gone. probably just a glitch or someone having too much spare time.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

and my inflatable dancing monkeys have disappeared

20. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

I don't think there is enough computing power avaliable on this planet to correctly transport a single human around.

21. bhudmaash Banned Banned

Treatment for Keratinised skin...

There are numerous skin conditions where the cornified layer (the topper most layer) of the skin becomes keratinised, due to exces production of Keratin, problems with squamation, cell division etc etc.

Examples are :
    Eczema, and Keratosis pilaris (they're the only 2 I know).

Excess Keratin producton is linked with many factors including Lack of VitA (retinol) hence much of the treatment for xs keratin uses retinoid creams and such like.

I've always had this idea of using dustmites.
    Dustmites feed on the keratin in dead skin cell, hence must poses the enzyme required for the hydrolysis (breakdown) of keratin.

Bingo! Isolate and then use said enzyme in a cream.

Job done, and I get rich.

22. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Genetically engineer internal paricites to do something benificial and have no negative sideffects. Bloodborn types eat cholesterol and help seal off wounds. Digestive ones keep you at a given weight and prevent ulcers. Resperatory ones prevent asthma and keep a smoker's lungs free of tars. They can even keep out wild varieties.

Perhaps some sort of mite that eats dandruff and attacks mosquitoes, fleas, ticks, and lice?

Gross, but it would keep you healthy.

23. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Put a pigeon in a neckbrace and see if he can still walk.